Author Topic: Media turn on Hillary Clinton after she exempts Bill from the #MeToo movement  (Read 696 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Media turn on Hillary Clinton after she exempts Bill from the #MeToo movement
by Eddie Scarry
 | October 17, 2018 05:00 PM

Several members of the national media turned on Hillary Clinton this week after she said in a recent interview that her husband should not have suffered the same fate as so many powerful men have under the #MeToo movement.

Hillary Clinton said Sunday on CBS that former president Bill Clinton should not have resigned in 1998 when it became public that he was having an affair with then-White House intern. “Absolutely not,” Hillary Clinton said.

Asked if there was any abuse of power by her husband with Lewinsky, who was 22 years old at the time, Hillary Clinton said there was not, because Lewinsky "was an adult.”

But her remarks didn't fly with several reporters, and struck many as out of place in an era when dozens of male entertainment celebrities, elected officials and media figures are resigning from their positions or losing their jobs because women have accused them of sexual harassment or assault.

A Vanity Fair headline said Clinton proved “she still hasn’t learned the lessons of #MeToo.”

The article’s author, Kenzie Bryant, wrote that, “n that moment, Clinton took a page out of Trump’s book, deflecting attention away from herself and onto her onetime opponent.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/media-turn-on-hillary-clinton-after-she-exempts-bill-from-the-metoo-movement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

In most companies that I have worked for, and others that I know about, supervisors sleeping with employees gets you fired.
co-workers, not so much, but superiors over underlings, yes.

Didn't matter if they were adults or not.

If they weren't adults, that would be grounds for being arrested.

Bill should have been fired (impeached) or resigned.

Offline verga

Recently where I work a teacher was reassigned because he was dating an administrator. Sorry Billary, your BS isn't flying :bsflag:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

In most companies that I have worked for, and others that I know about, supervisors sleeping with employees gets you fired.
co-workers, not so much, but superiors over underlings, yes.

Didn't matter if they were adults or not.

If they weren't adults, that would be grounds for being arrested.

Bill should have been fired (impeached) or resigned.

Well, Bill was impeached for lying about his, uh, "extracurricular activities" but I guess the senate decided it wasn't enough to warrant conviction and removal from office. 

Offline LMAO

Vanity Fair magazine defend Bill Clintons behavior in the 90s But I guess it feels safe in its so called moral stance now that Bill and Hillary Clinton can’t do anything for them.... or to them

There would never be a # MeToo Movement had Hillary won the election. Because Hillary would be in a position to do things for the left and they wouldn’t endanger that by going after her husband

I’ve always said if Ann Coulter was brutally raped,  it’s unlikely that #MeToo  would come to her defense.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy