Author Topic: BLM clears ConocoPhillips to move ahead on Alaska oil project  (Read 885 times)

Offline thackney

BLM clears ConocoPhillips to move ahead on Alaska oil project
« on: October 17, 2018, 04:44:34 pm »
BLM clears ConocoPhillips to move ahead on Alaska oil project
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/BLM-clears-Conoco-to-move-ahead-on-Alaska-oil-13314261.php
 October 17, 2018

ConocoPhillips is clear to move ahead on its $1.5 billion project to begin drilling new oil wells in Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve.

The Bureau of Land Management announced this week that in a joint decision with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers it had approved ConocoPhillips' 2015 application to operate an access road and other infrastructure and begin drilling....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: BLM clears ConocoPhillips to move ahead on Alaska oil project
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 04:51:50 pm »

I did work in this area.  I was the Lead Electrical Engineer for the Design of CD3 & CD4 shown on this map.  I was the Chief Electrical Engineer for the company during CD5.  GMT-1, GMT-2 were being talked about then, back in 2003~04.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: BLM clears ConocoPhillips to move ahead on Alaska oil project
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:54:48 pm »
Likely some of the lowest-risk albeit high cost reserves we have in the US.

Exciting to see some action here and hopefully eventual project completion.

I recall working on the Australian Gorgon field in late 1980s (my brother helped to drill and test several of the discovery wells in the early 80s).  It did not begin actually producing until 2016 or almost +30 years since I worked on it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington