Author Topic: Freed Pastor Andrew Brunson talks about nightmarish Turkey detention, praying with Trump  (Read 306 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:
Freed Pastor Andrew Brunson talks about nightmarish Turkey detention, praying with Trump
By Frank Miles | Fox News

Hannity asked Brunson about his detention, “held in a cell designed for eight, and there were 21 people.”

“It was a very difficult time. I was surprised because I had never considered prison as a possibility and the costs for that,” the pastor replied. “I was isolated by culture and by language but especially by religion. It was very difficult to be the only Christian among them.”

Brunson, originally from Black Mountain, North Carolina, had lived in Turkey with his family for more than two decades and led a small congregation in the Izmir Resurrection Church. He was accused of committing crimes on behalf of Kurdish militants and to aid a Pennsylvania-based Muslim cleric, Fethullah Gulen, accused by Turkey of engineering the failed coup. He faced up to 35 years in jail if convicted of all the charges against him.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/freed-pastor-andrew-brunson-talks-about-nightmarish-turkey-detention-praying-with-trump