Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke Attacks Ted Cruz as ‘Dishonest’ in Debate in Senate Race  (Read 2305 times)

Offline libertybele

I just finished watching the debate.  I was quite surprised as this was the first time I had ever listened to and watched Beto.  He is a good debater, articulate and poised.  Cruz made his point, but Beto got a few zingers in there, especially since Cruz failed to answer why he didn't vote for the women's bill discussed (don't remember the name of it). I think that really hurt him.  Cruz excelled on all other issues and clearly articulated why he is better for TX and why the GOP is the future ... they have been successful.  Ted was able to point out his accomplishments, Beto could not.

One thing I did notice is that Cruz tends to smile and chuckle when his opponent is speaking ... I think that is what some may see as disingenuous.

Beto O’Rourke Attacks Ted Cruz as ‘Dishonest’ in Debate in Senate Race

Representative Beto O’Rourke of Texas, who has fallen behind Senator Ted Cruz in the polls in their hotly contested Senate race, turned sharply aggressive in their second debate on Tuesday night as he attacked Mr. Cruz’s honesty and character while the two clashed over abortion, climate change and the oil-and-gas industry.

Using phrases like “Ted Cruz is for Ted Cruz” and “all talk and no action,” and questioning whether the senator had delivered any results for Texas, Mr. O’Rourke took his most personal shot at his opponent when Mr. Cruz expressed skepticism about climate change and argued that Mr. O’Rourke supported higher taxes on oil. The congressman invoked an attack line that Donald J. Trump had used against Mr. Cruz in the 2016 presidential race.

“Senator Cruz is not going to be honest with you,” Mr. O’Rourke said. “He’s dishonest, and it’s why the president called him Lyin’ Ted, and it’s why the nickname stuck — because it’s true.........

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/us/politics/cruz-beto-debate.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Robert Francis is vapid and says nothing with a lot of words. He has many ethical issues which are disqualifying. His endlessly repeated disingenuous protestations that he doesn't care if you're a democrat or Republican is barf-worthy. He just wants to work with everybody and help everybody and represent all Texans as he turns us into Venezuela. Meaningless platitudes are his specialty.

I did learn something about him tonight. He has a drum set and he rocks out. Oh, and he saved a blind squirrel. What a powerhouse!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

The male moderator was very much on Robert Francis's side.

I think Cruz was chuckling at the blatant lies coming from the Irishman.

Offline cato potatoe

Three weeks until we're done with this poser.  I hope the DNC sinks every last borrowed cent into this folly.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Had to watch it on YouTube, but thought Cruz did a fine job. Also thought the Jason fellow that was doing most the questions was a butt for continually interrupting with little remarks to Cruz before his time was up. Cruz finally had to call him out and tell him to quit.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

Robert Francis is vapid and says nothing with a lot of words. He has many ethical issues which are disqualifying. His endlessly repeated disingenuous protestations that he doesn't care if you're a democrat or Republican is barf-worthy. He just wants to work with everybody and help everybody and represent all Texans as he turns us into Venezuela. Meaningless platitudes are his specialty.

I did learn something about him tonight. He has a drum set and he rocks out. Oh, and he saved a blind squirrel. What a powerhouse!

You are correct of course, but the liberal mental midgets will vote for him because he rocks out and because he saved a blind squirrel.  They will give him a big pat on the back and an "atta boy" Beto...meanwhile they don't care about the low unemployment rates, the improved economy, jobs, or how the world now has respect for us. In their minds ... its been done by the party of the person who saved the blind squirrel.  After all to they've been told that Trump represents all that's wrong with the country and there can't be civility until he and his party are defeated.  Yes, the Beto supporters are mostly the party of the ignorant.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
That made me chuckle a little. A guy using a fake Mexican name, who lied about fleeing the scene of his DWI accident, calls Cruz 'dishonest'. That's rich.

On that topic: How can a person run for office using a fake name? Is that legal? Can I run for office and call myself Daffy Duck?

It is a serious question. On the ballot, will they list him as Hose Gonzalez Fuente or do they have to use his real name. If this stands then depending on where you are running you can call yourself anything you want to. I could call myself Juan Valdez or LeRoy Washington.

It is hard to believe that it is legal to run for office using a name that you just pulled out of your butt. But then, he is a Democrat. And laws do not apply to Democrats. Only Republicans have to obey the law. Democrats get a free pass no matter what they do. Just ask Jeff Sessions. That certainly is his legal policy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I sure wish Trump had not started that "Lyin' Ted" business.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   O’Rourke Recycles Trump’s ‘Lyin’ Ted’ Nickname in Debate with Cruz
By Jack Crowe
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/orourke-recycles-trumps-lyin-ted-nickname-in-debate-with-cruz/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Had to watch it on YouTube, but thought Cruz did a fine job. Also thought the Jason fellow that was doing most the questions was a butt for continually interrupting with little remarks to Cruz before his time was up. Cruz finally had to call him out and tell him to quit.

That is infuriating and totally typical of a left-wing moderator, as so many seem to be.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

O’Rourke Recycles Trump’s ‘Lyin’ Ted’ Nickname in Debate with Cruz
By Jack Crowe
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/orourke-recycles-trumps-lyin-ted-nickname-in-debate-with-cruz/

Yep, the Irishman came out with name-calling. I would have thought that would be beneath someone who just wants everyone to get along, doesn't care about party. etc. LOL!

O'Rourke's bulging neck and repetitive, trite gestures were very hard to watch.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I sure wish Trump had not started that "Lyin' Ted" business.

Me, too, but he was ruthless during the campaign and, well, I hated him then.

But I actually like him now which I find strange.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Me, too, but he was ruthless during the campaign and, well, I hated him then.

But I actually like him now which I find strange.

I don't like him, but I do like much of what he is doing.

Offline austingirl

I don't like him, but I do like much of what he is doing.

Same here. Just now he asked his cabinet secretaries to cut 5% from their budgets. Hey, it's a start.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:13:24 pm by austingirl »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Same here. Just now he asked his cabinet secretaries to cut 5% from their budgets. Hey, it's a start.
Greatest Trump moment so far?  handling of  the Kavanaugh SCOTUS debacle was masterful.  Two thumbs up. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Normal business practice, that I had to deal with  for 20 years.  Cut 5%, or be prepared to give a 3 page power point on why you can't.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Who are dishonest are those who supposedly support Cruz but call those who support the GOP nominee-now president names, even though, Cruz largely supports President Trump. Some of those others are phonies and maybe not even conservative.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Politician A calls Politician B a liar. This has to be a first in American history.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Who are dishonest are those who supposedly support Cruz but call those who support the GOP nominee-now president names, even though, Cruz largely supports President Trump. Some of those others are phonies and maybe not even conservative.

Huh, Tom?  Maybe reword.

Offline GrouchoTex

One of the funniest thing Rob accused Cruz of, was Cruz not working with Pelosi or Schumer.
He ought to make that accusation daily.
That'll show 'em.

Rob, the Ivy League Rowing Captain, was the above-it-all candidate.
He runs these nice, polite serene, Can't-we-all-just-get-along, commercials.

Now his calling Cruz "Lyin' Ted".
Sir Robert the Pendejo knows he's backed into a corner now, and he's acting like it, like any cornered animal would.

Offline libertybele

That made me chuckle a little. A guy using a fake Mexican name, who lied about fleeing the scene of his DWI accident, calls Cruz 'dishonest'. That's rich.

On that topic: How can a person run for office using a fake name? Is that legal? Can I run for office and call myself Daffy Duck?

It is a serious question. On the ballot, will they list him as Hose Gonzalez Fuente or do they have to use his real name. If this stands then depending on where you are running you can call yourself anything you want to. I could call myself Juan Valdez or LeRoy Washington.

It is hard to believe that it is legal to run for office using a name that you just pulled out of your butt. But then, he is a Democrat. And laws do not apply to Democrats. Only Republicans have to obey the law. Democrats get a free pass no matter what they do. Just ask Jeff Sessions. That certainly is his legal policy.

From my understanding he's using his nickname and that name alone on the ballot.  He is using just 'Beto'   I don't know the rules, but obviously the Supervisor of Elections has approved. 

Again, might I point out exactly how ignorant the liberal mental midgets really are.  We have a guy who is going by the name of Beto O'Rourke, with O'Rourke clearly being Irish, yet, he decides just to use Beto.  So ... those ignoramuses will vote for him because certainly Beto must be liberal and/or Hispanic.

Is it me or does it seem like the mentality of the liberal mental midgets is declining?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
From my understanding he's using his nickname and that name alone on the ballot.  He is using just 'Beto'   I don't know the rules, but obviously the Supervisor of Elections has approved. 

Again, might I point out exactly how ignorant the liberal mental midgets really are.  We have a guy who is going by the name of Beto O'Rourke, with O'Rourke clearly being Irish, yet, he decides just to use Beto.  So ... those ignoramuses will vote for him because certainly Beto must be liberal and/or Hispanic.

Is it me or does it seem like the mentality of the liberal mental midgets is declining?

Sounds like cheating to me. Hard to believe that Cruz has not protested this. Obviously, he took off the O'Rourke part of his 'real' name because he doesn't want the Hispanic voters to know that he is really a silver spoon rich little White boy. It is a direct lie to Latino voters.

Can't believe this stunt was approved. However, Latinos tend to know their own just by talk in the community. So even though this is a trick to try to fool them, it will not work with the majority of Latinos. They tend to be proud of one of their own making it to the ballot. Most of them will know that he is really a rich White boy.

It might even piss some of them off, just like Warren pissed off the real Native Americans. If I was running for office in Brooklyn under the pseudonym 'Shlomo', I doubt the Jews there would be fooled by it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:46:49 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sounds like cheating to me. Hard to believe that Cruz has not protested this. Obviously, he took off the O'Rourke part of his 'real' name because he doesn't want the Hispanic voters to know that he is really a silver spoon rich little White boy. It is a direct lie to Latino voters.

Can't believe this stunt was approved. However, Latinos tend to know their own just by talk in the community. So even though this is a trick to try to fool them, it will not work with the majority of Latinos. They tend to be proud of one of their own making it to the ballot. Most of them will know that he is really a rich White boy.

It might even piss some of them off, just like Warren pissed off the real Native Americans. If I was running for office in Brooklyn under the pseudonym 'Shlomo', I doubt the Jews there would be fooled by it.

It's all good.  When low information voters get to the polls and look for the hispanic guy on the ballot, the only one they will find will be Cruz.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It's all good.  When low information voters get to the polls and look for the hispanic guy on the ballot, the only one they will find will be Cruz.

True. I think this 'Beto' nonsense was a play on 'Obama'. Francis was being groomed to be the next Obama. So they were setting him up with a one name moniker early. Fortunately, he failed miserably. Now, from what I read, the donors want their $38 million back. But Francis told them 'NO!'. He's keeping it. Which is freakin' Great. lol