Author Topic: Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Suppressed

Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows
By: Leo Shane III     1 day ago

We asked our active duty readers about everything from Space Force to their support of the president and whether we should keep sending forces to Iraq - and here's what they said.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today’s troops evenly split over whether they’re happy with the commander in chief’s job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

About 44 percent of troops had a favorable view of Trump’s presidency, the poll showed, compared to 43 percent who disapproved.

The results from the survey, conducted over the course of September and October, suggest a gradual decline in troops’ support of Trump since he was elected in fall 2016, when a similar Military Times poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared to 37 percent who disapproved. That nine-point margin of support now appears gone.

[...]

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/10/15/support-for-trump-is-fading-among-active-duty-troops-new-poll-shows/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 01:06:02 am »
I don't believe that.  Trump has been supportive of the armed forces.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 01:17:15 am »
Like I'm going to listen to the rabid communist rants of the Military Times!!!
The Troops don't like entertaining a bloated petulant brat?  Then they are not invited to his next military parade.
If they can't appreciate the shmoozing Trump dazzled Kim Jong-Un, Putin, and Saudi King Abdulaziz with, then they are jealous haters and enemies of the people.

#Screw the Military #MAGA  #Mattis is a rat

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 01:26:48 am »
Why do so many members here waste So much of everyone's time posting Alice In Wonderland, Democrat wishful thinking/PR?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 01:33:59 am »
Why do so many members here waste So much of everyone's time posting Alice In Wonderland, Democrat wishful thinking/PR?
I dunno.  They should be posting more baiting mantras like it did, proud boy.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 01:34:52 am »
@To-Whose-Benefit?
Perhaps you’d be so kind as to provide a list of acceptable news sources?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 01:35:10 am »

So you are claiming the Military Times is a pro-dim rag?  Hmmmmmm

Did you see the graphic on same poll how loved Mattis is by the troops?   Think they might be related?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 01:44:33 am »
I can see that happening, maybe. The military today is so ultra-PC that many vets on this board would not recognize it today. With all the mandatory seminars on sexual harassment and homosexual appreciation etc., the crazy insane ROEs and such. It drives out a lot of patriots and Republicans.

I am not saying this is accurate, but it would not surprise me if it is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 01:46:01 am »

Final result doesn't surprise me, its the trend the past few years that does.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 02:13:56 am »
I can see that happening, maybe. The military today is so ultra-PC that many vets on this board would not recognize it today. With all the mandatory seminars on sexual harassment and homosexual appreciation etc., the crazy insane ROEs and such. It drives out a lot of patriots and Republicans.

The leadership is way too PC but that is slowly being taken care of.  Rank and file probably supports Trump, in my opinion.

And what is the point of a story like this which is unprovable and has no real-world meaning, except to try and discredit Trump which is an exercise in futility and annoying futility at that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 04:42:07 am »
And I'm supposed to swallow that This is representative of our entire military?

Polls can be designed to give the pollsters any outcome they want.

And I'm calling bs on this one.

The survey received 829 responses from active-duty troops. The IVMF used standard methodology to estimate the weights for each individual observation of the survey sample. The margin of error for most questions was roughly 2 percent.

The survey audience was 89 percent male and 11 percent female, and had an average age of about 31 years old. The respondents identified themselves as 76 percent white, 13 percent Hispanic, 9 percent African American, 5 percent Asian and 6 percent other ethnicities. Respondents were able to select more than one race.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 04:48:29 am »
So you are claiming the Military Times is a pro-dim rag?  Hmmmmmm

Did you see the graphic on same poll how loved Mattis is by the troops?   Think they might be related?

I think it is undeniable that the troops love Mattis and he is the best of best in the military.  I think Republicans were driving the oust of Mattis because he wanted to fill positions with Democrats.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mattis-defense-hill-republicans-obama-236329

Mattis responds:

https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-mattis-responds-to-trump-calling-him-sort-of-a-democrat-2018-10
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:54:00 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 04:57:27 am »
Is this the same military that is now nothing but a social experiment in faggotry, crossdressing and feeling good?

Transgender Men in Women's Showers Must Get 'Dignity and Respect,' Says U.S. Army

https://www.rallypoint.com/shared-links/transgender-men-in-women-s-showers-must-get-dignity-and-respect-says-u-s-army

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 05:01:12 am »

Comments by Gingrich. Refers to Comrade O' Rourke

! No longer available
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 05:03:38 am »
Is this the same military that is now nothing but a social experiment in faggotry, crossdressing and feeling good?

Yup, that's the one.

Wonder how many cross-dressing perverts and political appointees during the reign of His Heinous were responsible for providing the majority of the feedback in the poll?

I doubt the confused pervs in this photo are real big Trump fans.

But who knows?  Maybe they are?

That treat there second from left looks like the love child of Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Ruth Buzzi
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:05:13 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »
The leadership is way too PC but that is slowly being taken care of.  Rank and file probably supports Trump, in my opinion.

And what is the point of a story like this which is unprovable and has no real-world meaning, except to try and discredit Trump which is an exercise in futility and annoying futility at that.

I was a member of the "rank and file", as you call it...I made it as far as Captain, and never considered myself more than an "average" officer. I respect the Office of President, but despise the bullying and amoral man that is Donald J Trump.

I voted for Carter, mainly because I detested the pardon that Ford gave Nixon. Although Carter was a weak and ineffective President, I never voiced my disdain for him. I was too busy as a lieutenant in the early days of the all volunteer force.

I did advocate for Reagan in the weeks leading up to the 1980 election, but only in discussions with my German neighbors at the neighborhood gasthaus. They were certain that Reagan would start WWIII.  I was nearing the end of my 4th year in Germany, so my German was quite good by then. All of our discussions/debates were in German. Imagine that, a 26 YO American educating his middle aged German neighbors in their language.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 01:52:22 pm »

I was a member of the "rank and file", as you call it...I made it as far as Captain, and never considered myself more than an "average" officer. I respect the Office of President, but despise the bullying and amoral man that is Donald J Trump.

I voted for Carter, mainly because I detested the pardon that Ford gave Nixon. Although Carter was a weak and ineffective President, I never voiced my disdain for him. I was too busy as a lieutenant in the early days of the all volunteer force.

I did advocate for Reagan in the weeks leading up to the 1980 election, but only in discussions with my German neighbors at the neighborhood gasthaus. They were certain that Reagan would start WWIII.  I was nearing the end of my 4th year in Germany, so my German was quite good by then. All of our discussions/debates were in German. Imagine that, a 26 YO American educating his middle aged German neighbors in their language.

Is that you, Barack?     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 01:54:27 pm »

The survey received 829 responses from active-duty troops. The IVMF used standard methodology to estimate the weights for each individual observation of the survey sample. The margin of error for most questions was roughly 2 percent.

The survey audience was 89 percent male and 11 percent female, and had an average age of about 31 years old. The respondents identified themselves as 76 percent white, 13 percent Hispanic, 9 percent African American, 5 percent Asian and 6 percent other ethnicities. Respondents were able to select more than one race.

The demographics are not representative of the Army I knew. The ADA battalion I served in Germany was majority black and Hispanic, and much younger than 31 years old. We didn't discuss politics, we were too damn busy fulfilling our mission with beaten down, post Vietnam equipment, inadequate funds for training and maintenance, and operating at 80% manpower.

There were two things we had in our favor: our mission was airbase defense, so we enjoyed the amenities of being on an Air Force base. We were also 40 miles from battalion headquarters and 60 miles from group headquarters...during AF alerts, we fell under the direct command of the AF Wing Commander.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:06 pm »
Is that you, Barack?     *****rollingeyes*****

Expected response from an Orange Brigadier. Is that the best you can do? 

If you knew anything, you'd know that the current and previous President never served a day in the military. I'd say you're an idiot, but that would be demeaning to mentally deficient people.

It's aschelochen like you that make it difficult for Trump to expand his base.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:01:05 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 02:02:12 pm »
Expected response from an Orange Brigadier. Is that the best you can do? 

If you knew anything, you'd know that the current and previous President never served a day in the military. I'd say you're an idiot, but that would be demeaning to mentally deficient people.

It's aschelochen like you that make it difficult for Trump to expand his base.

Jeffery Dahmer served in the Army. What's your point?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 02:05:37 pm »
Jeffery Dahmer served in the Army. What's your point?

Another example of "critical thinking" from Trumpland.   :rolling:

Further undermining your post is the fact that Dahmer was issued a dishonorable discharge.

You Trumpsters are freaking pathetic.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:09:26 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 02:15:42 pm »
Another example of "critical thinking" from Trumpland.   :rolling:

Further undermining your post is the fact that Dahmer was issued a dishonorable discharge.

So you call critical thinking making a blanket statement that military service is some sort of indication of better person despite the fact that there are plenty of people who served and were total human debris.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 02:16:33 pm »

You just have to resign yourself that there are few select here who do not have the ability to evaluate Trump objectively. 

I'm getting where I just take it for what it's worth.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 02:38:10 pm »

That looks pretty representative.  Are you arguing that it's not?