Author Topic: DNC vice chairman predicts 'there is no way' Republicans hold the House  (Read 1817 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10/16/2018

Three weeks before the midterm elections, some Democrats are feeling confident about their odds of winning control of the House, even as grassroots Republican enthusiasm for voting seems to have increased.

In a Tuesday interview with Hill.TV, Michael Blake vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee said he thought there was "no way" that Republicans would be able to preserve their majority in the Lower Chamber.

“There is no way the Republicans are going to hold the House,” he told co-host Buck Sexton on Hill.TV’s morning show “Rising.”

Blake downplayed reports of GOP voters becoming more motivated to cast their ballots.

The DNC official said 2018 was shaping up to be similar to 2016 in that many disaffected voters eventually decided to reconcile with their party.

“At the end of the day, the polling has essentially leveled out where we expected. People came back home,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/411678-democratic-vice-chair-predicts-there-is-no-way-the-republicans-are-going-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: DNC vice chairman predicts 'there is no way' Republicans hold the House
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:41:03 pm »
Oh. So the guy payed to pimp the party is pimping the party. Guess we should all believe him and not notice the energy behind the GOP right now.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:24:13 pm »
Well, the way I see it the GOP voting base knows what's at stake and doesn't want to be ruled by the liberal nut job mobsters led by Nancy Whackadoo and Chuckie. 

If anything the Kavanaugh hearings proved exactly what the DEMS are capable of.  BTW ... so how is it that Feinstein and cronies aren't being held accountable?   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »
In related new the head of Ford just said that their cars are the most reliable, safest and coolest money can by.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 10:02:16 pm »
So I get from that the DNC has given up on the Senate.

Things have shifted away from the Dems in the last 3 weeks there, though not in as much in the House, but we got another 3 till election day. A 5 point swing in that time across the board would not only mean the GOP keeps the House, but adds seats.

He can whistle thru the graveyard, but I'd be worried.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 10:24:54 pm »
So I get from that the DNC has given up on the Senate.

Things have shifted away from the Dems in the last 3 weeks there, though not in as much in the House, but we got another 3 till election day. A 5 point swing in that time across the board would not only mean the GOP keeps the House, but adds seats.

He can whistle thru the graveyard, but I'd be worried.

Unless something huge breaks, he’s got reason to be confident.  So far, the number of R seats to potentially flip strongly outweigh vulnerable D seats.  All they’d need to do is take the Likely and Leans seats, then take 50% of the Toss Up states and the House is theirs.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 10:33:48 pm »

Unless something huge breaks, he’s got reason to be confident.  So far, the number of R seats to potentially flip strongly outweigh vulnerable D seats.  All they’d need to do is take the Likely and Leans seats, then take 50% of the Toss Up states and the House is theirs.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map.html

As the Spartans would say: 'If'.

You're not accounting for the mojo, the same that catapulted Trump the last 3 weeks to defeat Hillary.

Right now, the GOP has it. Quite a few races have shifted 10-15 pts in 3 weeks, and another 3 weeks of that would create an avalanche.

This is not a static situation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 11:00:41 pm »
As the Spartans would say: 'If'.

You're not accounting for the mojo, the same that catapulted Trump the last 3 weeks to defeat Hillary.

Right now, the GOP has it. Quite a few races have shifted 10-15 pts in 3 weeks, and another 3 weeks of that would create an avalanche.

This is not a static situation.

I am accounting for what may drop on or around October 29th.  We saw the tactics used a week prior to the Kavanaugh vote.  It won’t be shocking to see something tried the week before the election.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 11:49:49 pm »

I am accounting for what may drop on or around October 29th.  We saw the tactics used a week prior to the Kavanaugh vote.  It won’t be shocking to see something tried the week before the election.

The DEMS have already tried their hand with Kavanaugh, and I believe it did them more harm them good.  They may try something else.   Early voting in my area at least starts next week ... so we should see their next move sooner rather than later.

I for one am NOT confident that we will retain the majority in either House.  Ryan should be ashamed of his lack of accomplishments along with all those in the House who have all but handed the majority to the DEMS.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 11:59:36 pm »
In related new the head of Ford just said that their cars are the most reliable, safest and coolest money can by.

What's next?  You're going to tell me that Hillary is beautiful?

Ack....
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 12:07:14 am »
I seem to remember Pelosi said the same thing two years ago.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 12:32:34 am »
I seem to remember Pelosi said the same thing two years ago.

My favorite Pelosi quote is:  Donald Trump will not be President.  He won't .... (waving her hands in the air)....I'm respectful that people haven't voted ... but he will NOT be President.    :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 12:36:45 am »
The DEMS have already tried their hand with Kavanaugh, and I believe it did them more harm them good.  They may try something else.   Early voting in my area at least starts next week ... so we should see their next move sooner rather than later.

I for one am NOT confident that we will retain the majority in either House.  Ryan should be ashamed of his lack of accomplishments along with all those in the House who have all but handed the majority to the DEMS.

I don't know @libertybele .... I'm seeing and hearing Republican Senators and a few Congresscritters putting together plans to campaign for OTHERS in the last weeks leading up to the election.

I get a sense that the Kavanaugh hearing energized more than the voters.  I really think our team ... and it IS a team... wants to win, badly.   happy77

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 12:38:42 am »
I don't know @libertybele .... I'm seeing and hearing Republican Senators and a few Congresscritters putting together plans to campaign for OTHERS in the last weeks leading up to the election.

I get a sense that the Kavanaugh hearing energized more than the voters.  I really think our team ... and it IS a team... wants to win, badly.   happy77

I like your optimism RIV.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 01:03:38 am »

The problem with trying something outrageous and failing egregiously is that the next time you try something outrageous, people are not all that ready to believe you.

I have no doubt they will try outrageous stuff but what can they do?  If they go policy, only people who are for unlimited immigration and gun control will be drawn their way.  If they try scandal mongering, Juanita Broderick will gear up and talk about Bill Clinton.  Or, there are plenty more democrats who have scandals and not just in their closets.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 01:12:36 am »

There will be a gain in the Senate.  Heitkamp is sinking.  Hawley should eke out a win against McCaskill and McSally should take the open AZ seat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 02:16:32 am »

There will be a gain in the Senate.  Heitkamp is sinking.  Hawley should eke out a win against McCaskill and McSally should take the open AZ seat.

I hope you are right about the Senate.  The House is harder to predict.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 02:31:36 am »
I hope you are right about the Senate.  The House is harder to predict.

Based on today’s AP interview and recent reports, it looks like they’re preparing for a loss of the House.

Trump has been campaigning aggressively in a blitz of rallies aimed at firing up his base. He said he believes he’s doing his job, but allowed he has heard from some of his supporters who say they may not vote this November.

“I’m not running. I mean, there are many people that have said to me, ‘I will never, ever go and vote in the midterms because you’re not running and I don’t think you like Congress.’” He added: “Well, I do like Congress.”

https://apnews.com/8f4baf7aaddc442dad0a726f3ebe7fff

According to a source with direct knowledge, Chief of Staff John Kelly recently formed a small working group to start preparing for the possibility that Democrats will soon sic Congress' top investigators on Trumpworld. Senior White House staff have an offsite weekend retreat scheduled for late October. The agenda is expected to include a discussion of investigations under a Democratic-controlled House, according to the source.

https://www.axios.com/white-house-prepping-trump-democratic-legal-storm-6802dc91-bb27-4e14-86ba-028aab3bd793.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:32:08 am by edpc »

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 03:01:44 am »

Based on today’s AP interview and recent reports, it looks like they’re preparing for a loss of the House.

Trump has been campaigning aggressively in a blitz of rallies aimed at firing up his base. He said he believes he’s doing his job, but allowed he has heard from some of his supporters who say they may not vote this November.

“I’m not running. I mean, there are many people that have said to me, ‘I will never, ever go and vote in the midterms because you’re not running and I don’t think you like Congress.’” He added: “Well, I do like Congress.”

https://apnews.com/8f4baf7aaddc442dad0a726f3ebe7fff

According to a source with direct knowledge, Chief of Staff John Kelly recently formed a small working group to start preparing for the possibility that Democrats will soon sic Congress' top investigators on Trumpworld. Senior White House staff have an offsite weekend retreat scheduled for late October. The agenda is expected to include a discussion of investigations under a Democratic-controlled House, according to the source.

https://www.axios.com/white-house-prepping-trump-democratic-legal-storm-6802dc91-bb27-4e14-86ba-028aab3bd793.html

A loss in the House should be a huge concern, because that is where the impeachment process begins.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2018, 03:10:21 am »
A loss in the House should be a huge concern, because that is where the impeachment process begins.

Probably won’t pursue that right away.  Instead, it’ll be multiple investigations and endless subpoenas.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 04:13:35 am »
My sense is there are TDS members here, that will be mighty disappointed if the GOP holds the House.

They seem to be licking their chops, after a string of losses and being wrong since early 2016.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2018, 07:50:23 am »
From the same Party that told us there was no way Hillary could lose to Trump.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2018, 10:48:33 am »
Trump is not your typical president and this is not a typical mid term. President Trump has managed to expose deep state shenanigans (soft coup activities) to sunlight, and his voters don’t like what they saw.

So, with all that’s gone on with deep state actors acting badly and the media in constant attack mode, does anyone really think Trump supporters are gonna stay home and abandon Trump to fend for himself? Not gonna happen. We’re gonna vote early and bring three friends.

Offline edpc

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 11:41:03 am »
So, with all that’s gone on with deep state actors acting badly and the media in constant attack mode, does anyone really think Trump supporters are gonna stay home and abandon Trump to fend for himself?

Apparently, Trump thinks so. See the AP interview excerpt above.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 12:01:54 pm »
Trump is not your typical president and this is not a typical mid term. President Trump has managed to expose deep state shenanigans (soft coup activities) to sunlight, and his voters don’t like what they saw.

So, with all that’s gone on with deep state actors acting badly and the media in constant attack mode, does anyone really think Trump supporters are gonna stay home and abandon Trump to fend for himself? Not gonna happen. We’re gonna vote early and bring three friends.

I don't think Trump supporters are going to stay home, though I do believe that there are still some GOP voters who still won't vote for any GOP simply because they hate Trump so much -- yes, I do believe there are those that still suffer from DDS -- those who wanted Kasich or Little Marco and yes, even Cruz.

For crying out loud people ... vote for the best candidate for the position ... if you think its a DEM then go for it.