Author Topic: BREAKING: CNN Reports Saudis Preparing to Admit Jamal Khashoggi Was Killed in ‘Interrogation Gone Wr  (Read 724 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING: CNN Reports Saudis Preparing to Admit Jamal Khashoggi Was Killed in ‘Interrogation Gone Wrong’
by Aidan McLaughlin | Oct 15th, 2018, 3:17 pm

CNN reported on Monday that Saudi Arabia is preparing a report in which they will admit that Jamal Khashoggi, the Washington Post columnist who went missing earlier this month, was killed in an “interrogation gone wrong.”

Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi dissident, went missing after walking into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2. Turkish officials said they have proof he was murdered and dismembered by a team of Saudi agents, a charge the Saudi government vehemently denied.

Per CNN, however, the Saudis are preparing a report admitting that they intended to abduct and bring Khashoggi back to Saudi Arabia, but that he was inadvertently killed in the process. The report is intended, per CNN, to absolve the Saudi government of responsibility for the murder by claiming the operation was not cleared.

more
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-cnn-reports-saudis-preparing-to-admit-missing-journalist-was-killed-in-interrogation-gone-wrong/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
BREAKING: CNN Reports Saudis Preparing to Admit Jamal Khashoggi Was Killed in ‘Interrogation Gone Wrong’
by Aidan McLaughlin | Oct 15th, 2018, 3:17 pm

CNN reported on Monday that Saudi Arabia is preparing a report in which they will admit that Jamal Khashoggi, the Washington Post columnist who went missing earlier this month, was killed in an “interrogation gone wrong.”

Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi dissident, went missing after walking into the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2. Turkish officials said they have proof he was murdered and dismembered by a team of Saudi agents, a charge the Saudi government vehemently denied.

Read more: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-cnn-reports-saudis-preparing-to-admit-missing-journalist-was-killed-in-interrogation-gone-wrong/

I'd guess, this is probably happening.

BUT, I don't know if I believe this story versus just killing him.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:43:25 pm by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

It isn't the "Interrogation Gone Wrong" that is the problem. It's the carrying the problem out of the consulate in 8 or 9 separate duffel bags that's the problem.

Offline goodwithagun

It was an accident. We were torturing him and just up and died! Coulda happened to any highly trained assassination interrogation squad.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Mod2

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Wiki has already scrubbed (edited) Khashoggi's profile regarding his relationship/friendship with Osama BinLaden back since their high school days.

They are downplaying his role in the Muslim Brotherhood, and connections to Hamas.

IMO, President Trump is going to accept this explanation and move on.

I mean, it's not like it was Maureen Dowd or somebody.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It isn't the "Interrogation Gone Wrong" that is the problem. It's the carrying the problem out of the consulate in 8 or 9 separate duffel bags that's the problem.

Nope...it's not taking the ancient movie Enemy of the State seriously enough to get rid of the GD Apple watch or thig-a-ma-jig that Khashoggie was carrying.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

No, I think those ties are from some people who were trying to vilify Khashoggi. I think the West will take a hard stand still,  if this story is true.

Osama bin Laden was part of the forces fighting the Soviets..... this whole thing has been pretty much debunked. We backed the Rebels in Afghanistan.

As for Muslim Brotherhood, MB. We will see. They aren't like al Qaeda.

Offline TomSea

'Like Gaddafi': How Khashoggi case brings back bad memories for Libyan exiles
Long-time Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi was known for sending hit men to get rid of 'stray dogs' that opposed him
https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/reminiscent-gaddafi-how-khashoggi-case-brings-back-memories-assassinated-libyans-982072543

If one must get rid of a critic or other problematic figure, send a squad to do it. Now, the Saudis are in deep dodo over this whole thing. I certainly would not approve of extrajudicial assassinations but it is a reality in our world. There's probably 3 or 4 countries right off that I can mention that send out assassination squads like this and there might be who knows? 20 nations that do it. We may have done stuff like this at one time as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:02:48 pm by TomSea »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
So, more than a dozen guys show up to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, but we’re supposed to believe they didn’t have any clearance?  Come the eff on....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

Saudi Arabia considers saying activist Jamal Khashoggi was killed by mistake, reports say
By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

The Saudi government is considering whether to say that rogue intelligence operatives murdered activist and writer Jamal Khashoggi by mistake inside the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul earlier this month, multiple media outlets reported Monday.

The Wall Street Journal said it was not immediately clear if or when Saudi Arabia would release a statement on Khashoggi's disappearance. People familiar with the matter told the paper that the contents of any statement had not been finalized. Sources tell Fox News that President Trump has not been made aware of any pending report by the Saudi government.

Khashoggi, 59, has not been seen since he entered the Saudi consulate on the afternoon of Oct. 2. Turkish authorities have said they have evidence proving that Khashoggi was killed by Saudi agents, while Riyadh officials have claimed that Khashoggi was alive when he left the building and they do not know what happened to him.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-arabia-considers-saying-activist-jamal-khashoggi-was-killed-by-mistake-reports-say

Slight change from the other stories, I think.

Offline Frank Cannon

Shit happens. I'm sure they will be more careful in the future. Now let's move the eff on.

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea

It was a mistake - new guy put tape over his nose and mouth to let him rest for 30 minutes - that was too long.

Offline TomSea

Front Page Mag reports on Khashoggi's background. All the same,  the US supported Mujahadin in Afghanstan versus the USSR. Alleged ties to ObL, Osama bin Laden.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/271623/jamal-khashoggi-media-fights-muslim-brotherhood-daniel-greenfield

I do see where people get some of this. We will see.  I still think, they are trying to vilify him and he was probably relatively harmless. They should have then, arrested and imprisoned him.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:35:24 am by TomSea »

Offline Mod2

merged two threads