Author Topic: Painting of Trump with past Republican presidents hangs in White House, '60 Minutes' viewers saw  (Read 1813 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Painting of Trump with past Republican presidents hangs in White House, '60 Minutes' viewers saw
Ashley May, USA TODAY Published 8:53 a.m. ET Oct. 15, 2018 | Updated 10:52 a.m. ET Oct. 15, 2018

During President Donald Trump's interview with "60 Minutes," observant viewers might have noticed a striking painting: A print called "The Republican Club," showing the president sitting with past Republican presidents.

The artwork is by Missouri-based Andy Thomas, who has painted a similar scene with past Democratic presidents. The print hanging in the White House shows Trump with a glass of what appears to be soda — Time reports it's Diet Coke — grinning in the direction of Abraham Lincoln.

Thomas was aware that Trump had seen the painting, because the artist received a call from the president two weeks ago, Time reports. Trump told him that he liked his portrait, but Thomas was unaware the print was hanging in the White House until his wife showed him a clip of Sunday's "60 Minutes" interview.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/15/60-minutes-painting-trump-past-presidents-white-house/1645876002/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Painting of Trump with past Republican presidents hangs in White House, '60 Minutes' viewers saw

Just a print?  Has Trump gone cheap on us?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

Awesome. I love it. Probably made Mrs Chris Wallace's blood boil.

Offline thackney

https://artusa.com/product_details.php?id=14395&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZDeBRD9ARIsAMbAmoajHll02eNeH79W-zYLvkCWpl-Mqr8mUSVUO7qxn_s6-wXXJAtvchAaAm6MEALw_wcB

From TIME Magazine:

When it came time to update his hugely popular painting of Republican presidents, Andy Thomas struggled with how to fit Donald Trump in, but he knew that he belonged at the center of the frame.

A self-taught cowboy painter in southwest Missouri, Thomas stressed that he’s no political expert, so he wasn’t quite sure how the 45th president would be received by his predecessors in an imagined meeting.

“He’s outside the norm of Republicans and that makes it kind of interesting,” he told TIME. “Is he going to end up going in history as a great Republican or an abnormality or something? So it’s interesting. I just put him at the table, more or less the center of attention. We’ll let history decide. Or let the people decide. It’s not up to me.”

Thomas said Trump was a little hard to paint because his light hair, tan skin and lack of dark recesses under his eyes make his face mostly just “a light warm color.” He also found it hard to give Trump a “genuine smile,” and had to redo the painting after his first take seemed off.

Titled “The Republican Club,” the painting features Trump sitting at a table with GOP presidents Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and both Bushes. History buffs can also spot lesser-known GOP presidents such as Warren G. Harding in the crowd in the background as well.

The addition of a crowd in the background also led Thomas, an independent-minded Midwesterner who’s a fan of both Reagan and Bill Clinton, to add a subtle feminist message: A woman with indistinct features walking directly toward the table.

“That will be the first Republican female president and the first Democratic female president,” he explained. “As I was doing the painting, I was thinking that these guys are kind of intimidating in a way. That’s the kind of woman that will be our first woman president; she’ll walk right up to that table.”
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 06:51:58 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Grant, Taft, Harding in the background, oh, Coolidge too, I recognize all of those faces.McKinley and Garfield too.

Some woman too, is there in the background. That's kind of interesting.

Offline Frank Cannon

Some woman too, is there in the background. That's kind of interesting.

The woman is Rutherford B. Hayes. Little know fact but he was a crossdresser.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The woman is Rutherford B. Hayes. Little know fact but he was a crossdresser.

000hehehehe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Just a print?  Has Trump gone cheap on us?

Cheap? It looks like the one with Trump in is some limited edition, one of 45 made, that costs $1700.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
https://artusa.com/product_details.php?id=14395&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZDeBRD9ARIsAMbAmoajHll02eNeH79W-zYLvkCWpl-Mqr8mUSVUO7qxn_s6-wXXJAtvchAaAm6MEALw_wcB

From TIME Magazine:

When it came time to update his hugely popular painting of Republican presidents, Andy Thomas struggled with how to fit Donald Trump in, but he knew that he belonged at the center of the frame.

A self-taught cowboy painter in southwest Missouri, Thomas stressed that he’s no political expert, so he wasn’t quite sure how the 45th president would be received by his predecessors in an imagined meeting.

“He’s outside the norm of Republicans and that makes it kind of interesting,” he told TIME. “Is he going to end up going in history as a great Republican or an abnormality or something? So it’s interesting. I just put him at the table, more or less the center of attention. We’ll let history decide. Or let the people decide. It’s not up to me.”

Thomas said Trump was a little hard to paint because his light hair, tan skin and lack of dark recesses under his eyes make his face mostly just “a light warm color.” He also found it hard to give Trump a “genuine smile,” and had to redo the painting after his first take seemed off.

Titled “The Republican Club,” the painting features Trump sitting at a table with GOP presidents Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and both Bushes. History buffs can also spot lesser-known GOP presidents such as Warren G. Harding in the crowd in the background as well.

The addition of a crowd in the background also led Thomas, an independent-minded Midwesterner who’s a fan of both Reagan and Bill Clinton, to add a subtle feminist message: A woman with indistinct features walking directly toward the table.

“That will be the first Republican female president and the first Democratic female president,” he explained. “As I was doing the painting, I was thinking that these guys are kind of intimidating in a way. That’s the kind of woman that will be our first woman president; she’ll walk right up to that table.”

Have to say that I really respect the way the painter thought it through.  He didn't stick any of his own opinions into it other than the potential first female President, but even that was done apolitically.  Nixon's in there too just smiling with the rest of them.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:57:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Cheap? It looks like the one with Trump in is some limited edition, one of 45 made, that costs $1700.

I've bought art for 10X that.   And I think DJT has more money than I do.   

Buy the original Mr. President.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.