Author Topic: Beer supply threatened by future weather extremes  (Read 589 times)

rangerrebew

Beer supply threatened by future weather extremes
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:11:52 pm »
October 15, 2018, University of East Anglia

Severe climate events could cause shortages in the global beer supply, according to new research involving the University of East Anglia (UEA).

The study warns that increasingly widespread and severe drought and heat may cause substantial decreases in barley yields worldwide, affecting the supply used to make beer, and ultimately resulting in "dramatic" falls in beer consumption and rises in beer prices.

Beer is the most popular alcoholic drink in the world by volume consumed. Although the frequency and severity of drought and heat extremes increase substantially in a range of future climate scenarios, the vulnerability of beer supply to such extremes has never been assessed.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-10-beer-threatened-future-weather-extremes.html#jCp

rangerrebew

Re: Beer supply threatened by future weather extremes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 05:13:22 pm »
NOW is the time to panic, and I don't even drink!! :silly:  This may be lamest excuse for global warming yet.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »

Good ...

Maybe Kavanaugh will get madder, and make the liberals pay.........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:22:30 pm »
according to new research involving the University of East Anglia

Oh. Our good friends who are on the record faking climate data.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 05:48:59 pm »
NOW is the time to panic, and I don't even drink!! :silly:  This may be lamest excuse for global warming yet.

Or perhaps the most effective.   Rising sea levels and wild weather are one thing, but a BEER SHORTAGE?!!???

8888crybaby
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide