Author Topic: Seven Key Reasons Republicans Are Trending Up For The Midterms  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Seven Key Reasons Republicans Are Trending Up For The Midterms
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:28:27 pm »
Seven Key Reasons Republicans Are Trending Up For The Midterms
Scott Morefield

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 12:01 AM

Johnson City, Tennessee boasts a population of less than 70,000 people. By the time the presidential motorcade rolled into town on a hot, muggy day in early October, over 90,000 would-be attendees had downloaded online tickets for the event, and at least 30,000 had descended upon a stadium that holds a mere 8,000 or so, hoping to get a coveted spot to see President Trump.

As I wound my way through the crowd to the press entrance, I could feel the electricity in the air, the palpable excitement at the prospect of experiencing something unlike anything that had likely ever occurred at Freedom Hall. The fortunate ones who made it inside had waited in line for hours beginning the night before. The rest seemed more than content to watch the president speak on the big screens the campaign set up outside. I marveled at the people calmly baking in the hot sun, standing in massive, snaking lines around the stadium grounds, almost to a person decked out in some sort of MAGA or Trump attire, clearly excited just to be in the moment. Most knew their odds of actually getting in were slim, but they came anyway, because history, because Trump, because MAGA, and because of the intense camaraderie that comes from being around thousands of people who want the same direction for America.

It’s called voter enthusiasm, and it’s something Republicans aren’t supposed to have in the era of the Blue Wave, in midst of a GOP presidency, especially that of one Donald J. Trump. Yet I experienced it first hand, and thousands upon thousands experience it at every Trump rally. In 2016, people wondered why the businessman-turned-politician kept lagging in the polls despite the fact that he filled stadiums and Hillary Clinton could barely fill Hampton Inn conference rooms. As it turned out, those people typically don’t respond to pollsters, but they’ll stand in the burning sun for hours to see the man who is changing America, and you can bet your last dime they’ll stand in line on election day to cast their ballot.

So yeah, that’s the first reason Republicans may do better than expected this November, but thankfully there are several more:

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2018/10/15/seven-key-reasons-republicans-are-trending-up-for-the-midterms-n2528425
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Seven Key Reasons Republicans Are Trending Up For The Midterms
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:54:55 am »
1. Voter enthusiasm
2. Angry mobs
3. Justice Kavanaugh
4. The Senate
5. The black vote (?)
6. The Hispanic vote (?)
7. The economy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 01:00:26 am »
I'm not a 100% sure, but I think almost every senate race (per RCP) has trended "R" since the Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 01:44:16 am »
8. The map
Democrats made huge gains in 2006 and added to those gains in 2012. Defending a map like that was always going to be a formidable task. They would have to invest in increasingly safer red seats.

So they went for broke with deep red Texas, thinking that altered demographics could finally get back a state they hadn't had anyone of significance elected from since the 1990s. They wanted a kill shot in the heart of conservatism, bringing up Robert O'Rourke, who looks more like a Bobby but calls himself Beto in some weird cultural appropriation. Yet they had very little against Ted Cruz. Their usual trick of dusting off a scandal when it's too late to pull him off the ballot blew up: with Kavanaugh successfully being appointed, the idea of the political sex scandal that got Doug Jones elected in deep red Alabama likewise imploded, and besides, Donald Trump had already tried that schtick with the Enquirer two years ago.

Apparently unwilling to learn their lesson with Wendy Davis four years ago, the Democrats gambled big on tipping the Lone Star State blue. It's looking like a very bad investment at this point, as the party's likely to finally give back some of the gains they made in the last two cycles.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024