Author Topic: A Rape Survivor Just Won the Nobel Peace Prize. ‘Feminists’ Are Nowhere to Be Found.  (Read 509 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Signal
Kelsey Harkness
Oct. 12, 2018

As feminists were busy peddling their “War on Women” narrative in the U.S., Yazidi sex slave survivor Nadia Murad was honored with the Nobel Peace Prize for fighting a real War on Women in the Middle East.

Nadia was honored for her efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war, together with Dr. Denis Mukwege of the Democratic Republic of Congo, who has been a relentless healer and advocate for women.

Their stories serve as an important reminder that as American women debate what constitutes enough evidence to block a nominee from taking a seat on the Supreme Court, corroboration and evidence are abundant in places such as northern Iraq, where hundreds of women and girls are still enslaved and routinely subjected to rape.

More... https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/10/12/a-rape-survivor-just-won-the-nobel-peace-prize-feminists-are-nowhere-to-be-found/

Offline Suppressed

Frankly, I was surprised she was a recipient, given the Nobel politics.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yazidi sex slave = muslim

Nice people for the US and various European nations, to force upon their citizens.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

A Rape Survivor Just Won the Nobel Peace Prize. ‘Feminists’ Are Nowhere to Be Found.

Kelsey Harkness  October 12, 2018 / 154 Comments

As feminists were busy peddling their “War on Women” narrative in the U.S., Yazidi sex slave survivor Nadia Murad was honored with the Nobel Peace Prize for fighting a real War on Women in the Middle East.

Nadia was honored for her efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war, together with Dr. Denis Mukwege of the Democratic Republic of Congo, who has been a relentless healer and advocate for women.

Their stories serve as an important reminder that as American women debate what constitutes enough evidence to block a nominee from taking a seat on the Supreme Court, corroboration and evidence are abundant in places such as northern Iraq, where hundreds of women and girls are still enslaved and routinely subjected to rape.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/10/12/a-rape-survivor-just-won-the-nobel-peace-prize-feminists-are-nowhere-to-be-found/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell%22&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTWpSbU5qRXhNRE5pWVRnMSIsInQiOiJSc3lKTitzTjlpMkZMR3JCYmJUcnhneUZXM2FCQ2tKUE85U

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yazidis are Kurds:
The Yazidis, or Yezidis (/jəˈziːdiːz/ (About this sound listen) yə-ZEE-deez) (Kurmanji Kurdish: Êzidî, IPA: [eːzɪˈdiː]), are a mostly Kurmanji speaking religious minority[20][21][22][23][24][25], indigenous to a region of northern Mesopotamia (known natively as Ezidkhan) who are strictly endogamous.[26] Some of them identify themselves as ethnic Kurds and some of them as a distinct ethno-religious group.[27][28] However in Iraq and Armenia they are recognized as a distinct ethnic group.[29][30] Many Yazidis consider Yazidism both an ethnic and a religious identity.[31] Their religion, Yazidism, is monotheistic and combines aspects of several monotheistic religions: Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity and Judaism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis

Not really Muslims.

I met an Iranian man. I think Iranian history goes that the Arabs principally, forced Islam on Iran, Persia.  Many of the Zoroastrians therefore fled to India where they still live.  I guess, Zoroastrianism was the main religion in Iran. Something for the experts.

ISIS was brutal on the Yazidis.