Author Topic: Police are BANNED from sticking poppies on their cars as chiefs are slammed for 'political correctne  (Read 351 times)

Offline mountaineer

The 100th anniversary of the armistice that ended the Great War will be in less than a month. Britain, overly afflicted with political correctness, will downplay the milestone, apparently.
Police are BANNED from sticking poppies on their cars as chiefs are slammed for 'political correctness'

* British Transport Police has banned officers from putting poppies on their cars
   * Bosses were said to be concerned about singling out one charity over others
   * The move is said to have gone down 'like a cup of cold sick' with BTP officers

By Tim Stickings For Mailonline
Published: 21:03 EDT, 12 October 2018 | Updated: 06:53 EDT, 13 October 2018

Police have been banned from putting poppies on their cars in a move which has 'gone down like a cup of cold sick' with officers.

British Transport Police have told their officers not to use the poppy stickers on their vehicles ahead of the 100th anniversary of the Armistice which ended World War I.

Police chiefs were concerned about singling out one charity over others and feared the stickers were not official.

But Colonel Richard Kemp, who commanded British troops in Afghanistan, said the ban had 'the stench of political correctness all over it'.  ...

Earlier this week Cambridge University came under fire after members of its students' union rejected a call to celebrate Remembrance Day next month.

Attendees at the Cambridge University Students Union (CUSU) meeting on Monday rejected a motion for the commemoration of 'all those whose lives have been affected by war across the University of Cambridge'.

The controversial move came after various amendments were made, including crossing out the phrases 'British war veterans', 'Remembrance Day' and 'Poppies'.   ...
Full story at Daily Mail

My "doughboy" grandfather was mustard-gassed in France on Nov. 10 or early on Nov. 11, 1918, but thankfully survived. I'll have to bake a cake or something to commemorate the day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com