Author Topic: Bob Goodlatte: 'I will issue a subpoena' for Rod Rosenstein  (Read 555 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bob Goodlatte: 'I will issue a subpoena' for Rod Rosenstein
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:23:36 pm »
Bob Goodlatte: 'I will issue a subpoena' for Rod Rosenstein
by Allison Elyse Gualtieri
 | October 13, 2018 09:51 AM

Rep. Bob Goodlatte said Saturday that while Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has spoken with the White House, he still needs to speak to the House Judiciary Committee.

The Virginia Republican, who chairs the committee, said the committee has wanted to talk with Rosenstein since a New York Times story made his comments about secretly recording President Trump public. Sources alleged to the Times that Rosenstein discussed forcing Trump out of office with the 25th Amendment, which lays out how a president unfit to serve can be removed from office.

"It's essential that we talk to him. He knows that. He has not agreed to come for a transcribed interview on the record. He needs to agree to do that. If he does not agree to do that very soon, I will issue a subpoena for him to appear," Goodlatte said in an interview on Fox News.

Rosenstein has said his comments were not meant seriously. He met with the White House on Monday, after which Trump said he would not fire Rosenstein.

"I have heard a number of different reports. One that he didn't say it; another that he said it and he meant it. Another that he said it in jest, another that he said it in sarcasm, which has a different connotation than making a joke of it. All of those are important to us. We need to hear his version," Goodlatte said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bob-goodlatte-i-will-issue-a-subpoena-for-rod-rosenstein
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34