Author Topic: Cornyn: 'All the money in the world' won't help O'Rourke win Texas  (Read 612 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cornyn: 'All the money in the world' won't help O'Rourke win Texas
By Jordain Carney - 10/12/18 02:34 PM EDT

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) on Friday brushed off a record-breaking fundraising haul from Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D), saying it won't be enough for the Democratic challenger to unseat Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

O'Rourke's campaign announced Friday that he raised more than $38 million during the third fundraising quarter of the year, which ended Sept. 30. Cruz, who is seeking a second Senate term, brought in $12 million during the same three-month period.

Cornyn—who has at times had a strained relationship with Cruz but is supporting his campaign—acknowledged that O'Rourke raised "a lot of money," but he predicted Cruz will still win when voters head to the polls on Nov. 6.

"I think all the money in the world is not going to help Beto at this point because I think he is self-identified as a national Democrat, which means he's way too liberal to get elected in Texas," Cornyn told reporters.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/411175-cornyn-all-the-money-in-the-world-wont-help-orourke-win-texas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Cornyn: 'All the money in the world' won't help O'Rourke win Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:45:33 pm »
Looks like there is one thing that can bring Texas Pubs together and rally around Teddy.  A fake hispanic that is a Kennedy democrat at heart.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:43:09 pm »
Cornyn is right. Only 10 days before I can vote for Cruz.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 09:44:45 pm »
About the only thing Corny ever said that makes sense.