Author Topic: Children’s Hospital Confirms 3 Cases Of Acute Flaccid Myelitis, A Mysterious Polio-Like Illness, In  (Read 352 times)

rangerrebew

Children’s Hospital Confirms 3 Cases Of Acute Flaccid Myelitis, A Mysterious Polio-Like Illness, In Pittsburgh
By Brenda Waters
October 9, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Three cases of a mysterious illness that partially paralyzes children and is likened to polio have now been confirmed in Pittsburgh. It is called Acute Flaccid Myelitis, or AFM, and it affects the body’s nervous system, specifically the spinal cord, and can cause paralysis.

There have been 38 confirmed cases in 16 states so far. Now it’s in Pittsburgh.
upmc childrens hospital Childrens Hospital Confirms 3 Cases Of Acute Flaccid Myelitis, A Mysterious Polio Like Illness, In Pittsburgh

UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh confirmed Tuesday afternoon that three children being treated at their facility are suspected of having the polio-like disease.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10/09/upmc-childrens-hospital-acute-flaccid-myelitis-cases/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The increase in AFM cases in 2014 coincided with a national outbreak of severe respiratory illness among people caused by enterovirus D68 (EV-D68). Among the people confirmed with AFM, CDC did not consistently detect EV-D68 in every patient. During 2015, CDC did not receive information about large EV-D68 outbreaks in the United States, and laboratories reported only limited EV-D68 detections to CDC’s National Enterovirus Surveillance System (NESS). During 2016, CDC was informed of a few localized clusters in the United States. Learn more about EV-D68.

https://www.cdc.gov/acute-flaccid-myelitis/afm-surveillance.html#cdc

I haven't been able to find a map, but the 'surge' of 'kids' which hit our border during the Obama administration brought EV D-68 to our country (formerly found mainly in Central America), and possibly, the active pathogens which cause AFM as well.

More Obama Legacy, as the clusters seem to be in states which accepted larger numbers of the "immigrants".

I have not been able to find a map which shows which states have been affected, however.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis