Author Topic: How To Stop Letting The Left Co-Opt Every Single Social Movement  (Read 392 times)

Offline mountaineer

How To Stop Letting The Left Co-Opt Every Single Social Movement
The American left has learned from history. They now co-opt every legitimate movement and use it as a weapon to achieve political power. So don’t create power centers for them to grab.
Jesse Kelly
The Federalist
Oct. 11, 2018

“Never let a good crisis go to waste.” –Rahm Emanuel

One of the truly special things about America is that we were able to cast off a tyrant without creating another one. We bucked the odds. The common end is usually ugly for revolutions, social movements, and really any effort that has people uniting en masse to right a wrong.

The French Revolution threw off a horrible monarchy, but ended with a dictator. The Cuban Revolution led by Fidel Castro took down an authoritarian government—and promptly replaced it with an authoritarian government. The American left has learned from history. They now co-opt every legitimate movement and use it as a weapon to achieve political power.

One of the easy ways to tell the difference between a legitimate movement and a grift is that legitimate movements quickly purge the false actors from their midst. Grifts welcome the false actors and purge the critics.

Look no further than this Brett Kavanaugh confirmation fiasco and the damage it has done to the Me Too movement.  ...  More at the Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: How To Stop Letting The Left Co-Opt Every Single Social Movement
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:00:17 pm »
Good read.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:18:52 pm »
Good article until near the end, where it derailed.  “The infamous NeverTrump movement of the 2016 primaries.”  Infamous—really? 

What he says about the few current NTs may have its points, but he wrongly equates the present with the primaries.  “Avoid movements” is good advice, but I’m not sure he understands the concept.  That’s what people who voted third party in 2016 were doing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:21:07 pm »
Yes, I thought that was a curious detour, too, Catherine.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 02:29:22 pm »
Yes, I thought that was a curious detour, too, Catherine.

@mountaineer

He’s right about people whose NeverTrumpism has taken away their reasoning.  No argument there.   Tom Nichols and Jennifer Rubin come to mind.