Author Topic: Falling Confidence in Higher Ed  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

Falling Confidence in Higher Ed
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:09:04 pm »
Falling Confidence in Higher Ed

Gallup finds unusually large drop -- primarily but not exclusively among Republicans -- between 2015 and 2018.
By
Scott Jaschik
October 9, 2018

Just under half (48 percent) of American adults have "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in higher education, according to an analysis being released today by Gallup.

That figure is down from 57 percent in 2015 and represents a larger than typical decline in confidence in an American institution in a relatively short time period, according to Gallup. (Note: Gallup conducts some surveys for Inside Higher Ed, but this publication played no role in the results being released today.)

The largest confidence drops were found among Republicans.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2018/10/09/gallup-survey-finds-falling-confidence-higher-education
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:09:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

Re: Falling Confidence in Higher Ed
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:17:40 pm »
If I was getting ready to go to college today, I'd seriously consider studying abroad.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »
If I was getting ready to go to college today, I'd seriously consider studying abroad.

Doesn't matter where.
College is indoctrination.
Better to learn how to think than what to think.

And it doesn't really matter anyway - I have dug ditches alongside guys with masters degrees.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »

I tried studying a broad in college but it didn't help me pass the tests.  I had to crack open the books and take notes.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 05:23:42 pm »
I tried studying a broad in college but it didn't help me pass the tests.  I had to crack open the books and take notes.

****drummer
 :bigsilly:
 :hands:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 06:23:23 pm »
Aside from the indoctrination and brainwashing, maybe it has to do with all the worthless classes that people take to wrack up insane student loans to to receive a

Which qualifies them for no job higher then Star*uck Barista.