Author Topic: $50 million sexual harassment lawsuit shines light on Columbia’s staff-student sex policy  (Read 490 times)

rangerrebew

$50 million sexual harassment lawsuit shines light on Columbia’s staff-student sex policy
Matthew Stein - Swarthmore College •September 18, 2018

Staff apparently not forbidden from pursuing romantic or sexual relationships with students

Columbia University’s policy on sexual and romantic relationships between students and staff appears to permit those relationships even when there is a “supervisory, advisory or mentoring context.” School officials did not respond to repeated queries on the matter.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/50-million-sexual-harassment-lawsuit-shines-light-on-columbias-staff-student-sex-policy/
The elite university’s policy came to light after the firing of Tom Harford, the dean of students at the university’s School of General Studies. Harford was fired for “unacceptable” conduct, the school said last month.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is not new.  My ex would never have gotten her BA had she not carried on a multi-year affair with the chair of the History Department.  What did that get her?  A worthless degree in History...lol.  I imagine the fellow's wife didn't much like his use of the student body as a put-and-take hunting preserve for student bodies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: