Author Topic: Lawsuit accuses Seneca Valley 'mean girls' of targeting boy with false allegations  (Read 616 times)

rangerrebew

Lawsuit accuses Seneca Valley 'mean girls' of targeting boy with false allegations

Paul Peirce | Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018, 12:48 p.m.

While “Mean Girls Day” is being marked Wednesday in reference to a mention of Oct. 3 in the popular 2004 cult movie, the parents of a former Seneca Valley High School student claim in a federal lawsuit filed this week that their teenage son was terrorized by false accusations made by five “mean girls” at the school.

Michael J. and Alecia Flood of Zelienople, Butler County, the parents of a teenage boy identified in the lawsuit as T.F., seek unspecified civil damages against the girls’ parents, the school district and Butler County District Attorney Richard Goldinger’s office. The lawsuit, which includes the term “mean girls,” alleges they “conspired in person and via electronic communication devices to falsely accuse T.F. of sexual assault on two occasions.”

https://triblive.com/local/regional/14142176-74/lawsuit-accuses-seneca-valley-mean-girls-of-targeting-teen-boy-with-false

Online mountaineer

In a tape-recorded interview with school officials in 2017, the lawsuit alleges K.S. said she made the sexual assault claim against T.F. because “I just don’t like him.”

“I just don’t like to hear him talk. … I don’t like to look at him,” K.S. reportedly disclosed in the recorded interview obtained by Fishman.
Why do I suspect these girls never were exposed to church, the "golden rule," any of that? Sometimes I wonder whether we've created a generation of sociopaths.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

Why do I suspect these girls never were exposed to church, the "golden rule," any of that? Sometimes I wonder whether we've created a generation of sociopaths.

I've found, at least in the neighborhood where I live, that kids are not raised by their parents.  A number of parents have abdicated their responsibility to the state and if the state doesn't teach the kids, the kids raise themselves.  They learn from their peers.  That's why we have gangs.  These kids have no decent home life with a mother and father who care enough to raise them right. 

In my poor neighborhood, kids just mean more welfare money and other public assistance.  In more affluent neighborhoods like where Seneca Valley is located -- I just think kids are a status symbol or a sign of virility.  In both cases, the parents just don't care -- too wrapped up in themselves, I guess. 

My parents worked like dogs to put food on the table, a roof over our heads and clothes on our backs, but they always made time for my brother and me.  They always knew what we were doing, who our friends were and were alert to any bad influences.  Went to church on Sunday and Sunday School for 12 years. 

Close knit neighborhood too -- had parents with kids our ages -- we all knew each other.  If any of us kids did wrong, we could be sure our parents would hear about it from the neighbors and we would catch hell when we got home.  We also had extended family nearby too -- both sets of grandparents, plus aunts, uncles and cousins.   Today, families are scattered and who knows their neighbors?  I don't.  Many of them, I don't want to know.

We have strayed far from the morals and values of decades ago.  We need to get back to those days, but I don't know if we ever will.  In fact, I don't know if we can.

Online mountaineer

:beer: @Applewood   Spot on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org