Author Topic: NASA opens door to additional cooperation with China  (Read 836 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NASA opens door to additional cooperation with China
« on: October 02, 2018, 12:18:51 am »
Space News by Jeff Foust — October 1, 2018

BREMEN, Germany — The administrator of NASA and his Chinese counterpart have both expressed interest in working together despite the current constraints in U.S. law regarding bilateral cooperation.

During a panel discussion at the 69th International Astronautical Conference here Oct. 1 featuring the leaders of several space agencies, Zhang Kejian, administrator of the China National Space Administration (CNSA), said China was open to working with a wide range of international partners on projects ranging from lunar exploration to its future space station.

“CNSA is willing to join our hands with other international partners for the benefit of human civilization and progress of human society,” Zhang said, speaking through a translator.

Asked later if that included working with NASA, he said China was “very open” to working with a variety of international partners on lunar exploration. He noted he met with NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine earlier in the day. “I had a very good discussion with NASA Administrator Mr. Bridenstine for bilateral cooperation in this particular area,” he said. “I think the response was very positive.”

More: https://spacenews.com/nasa-opens-door-to-additional-cooperation-with-china/

I'm sure glad I retired before this happened. I thought Loral Aerospace working closely with China was bad. Now look.