Author Topic: Texas Boy Speaks Clearly for First Time After Dentist Discovered He Was Tongue-Tied.  (Read 1089 times)

Offline endicom

Instapundit
Glenn Reynolds
Sept. 30, 2018

AND YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST AN EXPRESSION: Texas Boy Speaks Clearly for First Time After Dentist Discovered He Was Tongue-Tied.

[...]

That all changed in April 2017, when Dr. Amy Luedemann-Lazar, a pediatric dentist, was performing unrelated procedures on Mason’s teeth. She noticed that his lingual frenulum, the band of tissue under his tongue, was shorter than is typical and was attached close to the tip of his tongue, keeping him from moving it freely.

Dr. Luedemann-Lazar ran out to the waiting room to ask the Motzes if she could untie Mason’s tongue using a laser.

After a quick Google search, the parents gave her permission to do so. Dr. Luedemann-Lazar completed the procedure in 10 seconds, she said.

After his surgery, Mason went home. He had not eaten all day. Ms. Motz heard him say: “I’m hungry. I’m thirsty. Can we watch a movie?”

More... https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/308882/#respond

Offline endicom

Be sure to read about the earwax.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Be sure to read about the earwax.

As a child, I seemed to have lost hearing in one ear, Mom took a flashlight and I had a growth in one ear. Doctor examined me and took a few tools and pulled out an piece of unpoped popcorn. Seems at some time in my youth, I stuck it down my ear and forgot it, it swelled to fit perfectly in the canal and block most my hearing.

Years later when I had my own child, I couldn't rightfully complain when one of them stuck a lego up his nose that had to be removed it was in so deep.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline endicom

As a child, I seemed to have lost hearing in one ear, Mom took a flashlight and I had a growth in one ear. Doctor examined me and took a few tools and pulled out an piece of unpoped popcorn. Seems at some time in my youth, I stuck it down my ear and forgot it, it swelled to fit perfectly in the canal and block most my hearing.

Years later when I had my own child, I couldn't rightfully complain when one of them stuck a lego up his nose that had to be removed it was in so deep.