Author Topic: Elon Musk forced to step down as chairman of Tesla, remains CEO  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Elon Musk forced to step down as chairman of Tesla, remains CEO
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:51:38 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/29/17918252/elon-musk-tesla-sec-securities-fraud-lawsuit-settlement-fine-penalty

Elon Musk has reached a settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission on the charges filed earlier this week over his abandoned attempt to take Tesla private. Musk will have to step down as the chairman of Tesla within 45 days, and will not be able to take that role with the company again for three years. He will be able to remain Tesla’s CEO during that time.

Alongside the settlement, the SEC also charged Tesla with “failing to have required disclosure controls and procedures relating to Musk’s tweets,” according to the agency. Tesla has already agreed to settle this charge. Both Musk and the company will pay separate $20 million fines that will “be distributed to harmed investors under a court-approved process,” according to the SEC, and Tesla is being made to appoint two new independent directors to its board. The company will also hire a lawyer to monitor Musk’s communications, including his tweets, according to the agreement.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Elon Musk forced to step down as chairman of Tesla, remains CEO
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:54:24 pm »
https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/29/17918252/elon-musk-tesla-sec-securities-fraud-lawsuit-settlement-fine-penalty

As I said on other threads.......   He needs to pay all the subsidy money back to the Treasury plus interest.

I got into some huge arguments at TOS a number of years ago concerning Musk and Tesla.   Vindication is nice feeling.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:56:27 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:57:17 pm »
Ever since it was learned Elon gave dough to the GOP he just hasn't been able to catch a break in the press. From golden boy to goat in an instant.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »
Ever since it was learned Elon gave dough to the GOP he just hasn't been able to catch a break in the press. From golden boy to goat in an instant.

His problem is that his Ponzi is running out of money and he is throwing gasoline on the fire with these weird proclamations.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 11:25:39 pm »
I guess it's a good thing he shot that car into space, because it looks like the last thing he's gonns shoot up there.  J/S
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: