Author Topic: Texas Voter Rolls Grow to 15.6M Ahead of Midterm Election  (Read 996 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Texas Voter Rolls Grow to 15.6M Ahead of Midterm Election
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:12:32 pm »
Texas Voter Rolls Grow to 15.6M Ahead of Midterm Election
US News, Sep 28, 2018, Associated Press

HOUSTON (AP) — Texas has set a new voter registration record of 15.6 million people ahead of the highly anticipated Senate race between Republican Sen. Ted Cruz and Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke.

Texas Secretary of State Rolando Pablos told the Houston Chronicle that the state's voter rolls have grown by 1.6 million since the last midterm election in 2014.

Election records show that Texas has seen a 400,000-voter increase since March. The state on average added just over 100,000 voters a year between 2002 and 2014.

"Recently, we have heard from a number of county election officials who tell us they are witnessing voter registration rates and voter enthusiasm in a midterm year that we usually see before presidential-year elections, which is phenomenal," Pablos said. "On the whole, we are seeing Texans become more engaged, which is very healthy for the future of our state."

Harris County had 55,000 voters register over the past six months, which is more than any other county. Suburban counties near Houston have seen pronounced voter growth, with rolls in Fort Bend and Montgomery counties growing by 3 percent. Collin and Denton counties north of the Dallas-Fort Worth area saw voter registration spike by almost 4 percent.

Hays County saw the biggest gain since March with a 4.4 percent increase in the number of registered voters.

More:  https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/texas/articles/2018-09-28/texas-voter-rolls-grow-to-156m-ahead-of-midterm-election

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Texas Voter Rolls Grow to 15.6M Ahead of Midterm Election
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:13:13 pm »
Does this pass the sniff test?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:31:38 am »
Voter ID laws.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 02:35:13 am »
If college students, such as the 53k+ students at UT Austin, want to, they can sign up to vote where their university is located. They can also be registered to vote at their home, and some do vote in both places.  Not sure how that could be caught.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 02:47:04 am »
Voter ID laws.

Voter ID laws can do nothing but confirm a voting person's address.  They never use the ID to confirm whether or not the voter is a citizen.  Texas has nothing in place to to prevent fraud in the registration process either.  I went to my County courthouse when I registered.  They didn't ask me any questions other than the ones I answered truthfully on the card, which could have been false for all they knew.  (See Application Card below)  We must strengthen the registration process if we want to control illegal voting.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 03:01:12 am »
Nice work Texas. Looks like those GD ten gallon hats cut the blood flow to your head and you got some dumb ideas going to turn the state blue.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 03:11:08 am »
Nice work Texas. Looks like those GD ten gallon hats cut the blood flow to your head and you got some dumb ideas going to turn the state blue.

Permanently.  There won't be any turning back.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 03:16:08 am »
I see quite a few BETO signs around town, which is distressing.  I'm picking up my Cruz sign on Monday.  I wonder how long it will remain in the yard...lol.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 03:25:31 am »

What dumb ideas would those be, Frank?