Author Topic: Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing  (Read 450 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing
« on: September 26, 2018, 12:00:39 am »
Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing
The Hill, Sep 25, 2018

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is rejecting a request from Democrats to delay a Thursday hearing where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford are set to testify. 

Grassley sent a letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the committee, saying he would "respectfully decline" her request to postpone until the White House ordered an investigation into two sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh.

"I respectfully decline your request. I am not going to silence Dr. Ford after I promised and assured her that I would provide her a safe, comfortable, and dignified opportunity to testify," Grassley wrote in the letter. 

The letter was sent on Tuesday and publicly released just minutes after Grassley's office announced it had scheduled a Friday committee vote on Kavanaugh's nomination.

Grassley added in his letter to Feinstein that there was "no reason" for delay the hearing, after lawyers for Ford, one of Kavanaugh's accusers, agreed to the Thursday date after days of negotiations.

More: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408412-grassley-to-feinstein-we-wont-delay-kavanaugh-hearing

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Grassley to Feinstein: We won't delay Kavanaugh hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 12:01:22 am »
Should we start a pool on the date and time Ms. Ford declines to show?

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:44:39 am »
Fingers crossed he's not bluffing.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:45:57 am »
Should we start a pool on the date and time Ms. Ford declines to show?

I'd guess around 6PM EST tomorrow.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:59:12 am »
I'd guess around 6PM EST tomorrow.

I think she will. She's been backed into a corner and if she doesn't show all her leftist buddies will never forgive her for letting the "evil" Kavanaugh get confirmed. I would further bet that once she starts getting tough questions her atty will make a big scene and she will start crying and be unable to continue. The left will have the sound bites they want and the campaign issue of "old white men picking on the sex abuse survivor".

All things considered it was smart of Grassley to hire a female atty with experience dealing with sex crimes. It's pretty sad it's come to this.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 03:05:28 am »
Ford's attorney still balking at the choice of an outside attorney to question both Ford and Kavanaugh and having "too many" press outlets in the room. Rachel Mitchell from Phoenix is known as a victim's advocate lawyer and has been named as the questioner.
Principles matter. Words matter.