Author Topic: Senate panel schedules Friday morning vote for Kavanaugh  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate panel schedules Friday morning vote for Kavanaugh
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:41:52 pm »
September 25, 2018

RESCHEDULED NOTICE OF COMMITTEE EXECUTIVE BUSINESS MEETING

The Executive Business Meeting originally scheduled by the Committee on the Judiciary for Monday, September 24, 2018 at 10:00 a.m., in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building has been rescheduled for Friday, September 28 at 9:30 a.m.

By order of the Chairman.

I. Nominees

Brett M. Kavanaugh, to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/meetings/09/28/2018/executive-business-meeting

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:43:01 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:08:56 pm »
By Jordain Carney - 09/25/18 06:32 PM EDT

The Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a Friday morning vote on Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court, according to a committee notice.

The vote on Kavanaugh — which GOP staff acknowledges could be pushed past Friday — is slated to come just one day after he is scheduled to testify in front of the panel on allegations of sexual misconduct.

One of the two women who has come forward to accuse Kavanaugh of misconduct, Christine Blasey Ford, is also scheduled to testify on Thursday.

“As a procedural matter, the Judiciary Committee today noticed a potential executive business meeting for Friday, September 28 at 9:30 a.m,” Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley's (R-Iowa) office said in the notice.

“Committee rules normally require executive business meetings to be noticed three days in advance, so an executive business meeting is being noticed tonight in the event that a majority of the members are prepared to hold one on Friday,” they added.

The Judiciary Committee has scheduled, and had to postpone, Kavanaugh's nomination several times.

It was initially set for last week but delayed after Ford went public with her sexual assault allegation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408402-senate-panel-schedules-friday-morning-vote-for-kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Senate panel schedules Friday morning vote for Kavanaugh
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:10:33 pm »
I just saw that.  Very pleased I was afraid they'd hold it over till next week.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:11:46 pm »
Showdown time.   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:14:15 pm »
They blinked.  Sad to say but they blinked.

The vote should have been yesterday when Dr. Ford was a no show for the original date for her to appear before the Committee.

Now the Dems get two extra days to gin up some more fake sex assaults from women with no memory of the vent who are sure Kavanaugh was the one that assaulted them.

And when there is a showdown on Friday...the left and the MSM get all weekend to smear the hell out of him some more.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 11:14:27 pm »
Must mean they have a commitment fm Collins, at least, to vote aye if Ford has her chance to testify.

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 11:18:26 pm »

Friday's child may it be. Just get the damned thing over with.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 11:19:14 pm »

The vote should have been yesterday when Dr. Ford was a no show for the original date for her to appear before the Committee.

Now the Dems get two extra days to gin up some more fake sex assaults from women with no memory of the vent who are sure Kavanaugh was the one that assaulted them.

And when there is a showdown on Friday...the left and the MSM get all weekend to smear the hell out of him some more.

Are you high? This has played out even better than I thought it would. The Rats way overplayed this and are looking more corrupt to the general public than anyone could hope for. People on their side are angry about this bullshit smear job.

The GOP should drag this out another week. They could extend their wins in Nov even more.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 11:21:20 pm »

The article explains that votes required 3 days notice they declared it today so the soonest they can have the vote is Friday.  That's the senate rules

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 11:24:27 pm »
The article explains that votes required 3 days notice they declared it today so the soonest they can have the vote is Friday.  That's the senate rules

And there in lies the problem with the current GOP in D.C.  They are the ONLY ones who play by the "rules".

The DNC have shredded pissed on then set afire the "rules" with Kavanaugh.

McConnell should call for a vote tonite at 10pm.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 11:36:51 pm »
Now that the sex innuendos have failed to stick, I’m sure the Demons have something else up their sleave.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 11:37:37 pm »
And there in lies the problem with the current GOP in D.C.  They are the ONLY ones who play by the "rules".

The DNC have shredded pissed on then set afire the "rules" with Kavanaugh.

McConnell should call for a vote tonite at 10pm.
That's some dramatic hyperbole. If I thought Kavanagh wouldn't be confirmed maybe I'd be joining you. I will agree the rats suck. Kavanagh deserves to be confirmed, and I'll leave it at that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 11:39:53 pm »
That's some dramatic hyperbole. If I thought Kavanagh wouldn't be confirmed maybe I'd be joining you. I will agree the rats suck. Kavanagh deserves to be confirmed, and I'll leave it at that.

Not dramatic hyperbole...it's called hitting back when someone smacks you instead of saying "thank you may I have another".

The GOP in D.C. currently suffers from a bad case of battery wives syndrome.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 11:40:40 pm »
Now that the sex innuendos have failed to stick, I’m sure the Demons have something else up their sleave.

And they've got until Friday to come up with a new surprise allegation that will allow them to successfully demand the hearings be delayed until next week to "fulling investigate" the claims.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 11:48:16 pm »
And they've got until Friday to come up with a new surprise allegation that will allow them to successfully demand the hearings be delayed until next week to "fulling investigate" the claims.
Oh but for these Deamons it’s not their first rodeo, as it seems to be for to Pubies.  With the second Monday in October being a holiday, they will try to find a way to delay even the full Senate vote.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 11:50:57 pm »
Oh but for these Deamons it’s not their first rodeo, as it seems to be for to Pubies.  With the second Monday in October being a holiday, they will try to find a way to delay even the full Senate vote.

I agree.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What does this mean?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

What does this mean?

Here come the judge! Here come the judge!

Maybe. If they have enough votes in the full Senate.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 12:14:01 am »
Judiciary Committee Scheduled to Vote Friday on Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court Nomination
Niels Lesniewski

The Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a vote on the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh for 9:30 a.m. on Friday.

If the schedule holds, it means senators serving on the committee will be voting less than 24 hours after hearing testimony from Christine Blasey Ford, who was the first woman to come forward with a sexual assault allegation against Kavanaugh.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judiciary-committee-scheduled-to-vote-friday-on-brett-kavanaugh‘s-supreme-court-nomination/ar-AAADH3j?OCID=ansmsnnews11

There's a number of these threads out, I looked for the other, 9:30 AM Friday per above, the vote will be held. 

This is just committee, I get it so then, it will go to the Senate, I hope it can be done quickly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:17:23 am by TomSea »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What does this mean?

It means Grassley has had it with being jerked around by DiFi.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

What does this mean?

Good question. I think this is only the judiciary committee and not a full Senate vote YET... but the other articles say "vote on the Weekend", so is it possible we see a vote on Sat/Sun???

BTW, this article will probably get merged as i posted a similar one a little while ago.

Offline TomSea

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,333639.0.html

I think this above is the main thread for discussing when they will vote.....

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 01:17:15 am »
With all this nothing fuss about women in Kavanaugh’s nomination, I can’t wait to see what they come up with to fight against a women as the next nominee. They almost forced that to come next. What is RBG waiting for? She won’t outlast Trump.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:31 am »
Still skeptical until Kavanaugh is put in office!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 12:54:55 am »
Are you high? This has played out even better than I thought it would. The Rats way overplayed this and are looking more corrupt to the general public than anyone could hope for. People on their side are angry about this bullshit smear job.

The GOP should drag this out another week. They could extend their wins in Nov even more.

I agree. This is beyond Kavanaugh now. Dems have went so far that they've roiled the political waters to the point where there's a good chance it will bite them on the a**.

Stupid, stupid move.
The Republic is lost.