Author Topic: Trump attacks second Kavanaugh accuser: 'She admits that she was drunk'  (Read 729 times)

Online corbe

Trump attacks second Kavanaugh accuser: 'She admits that she was drunk'

By Brett Samuels  - 09/25/18 12:10 PM EDT 

President Trump on Tuesday went after the second woman who has come forward to accuse Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, suggesting she lacks credibility in part because she was intoxicated during the alleged incident.

Deborah Ramirez alleges that Kavanaugh exposed himself and thrust his genitals in her face at a college party during their freshman year at Yale in the 1980s. She acknowledged in her account to The New Yorker that she had been drinking prior to the alleged incident, and had gaps in her memory of the event.

"The second accuser has nothing," Trump told reporters during a meeting with the Colombian president at the U.N. General Assembly in New York on Tuesday.

"She thinks maybe it could have been him, maybe not. She admits that she was drunk. She admits that there are time lapses," the president said.

Trump claimed that allegations from Ramirez and Christine Blasey Ford are part of a "con game” by Democrats against his Supreme Court nominee.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408285-trump-blasts-democrats-for-playing-a-con-game-with-kavanaugh
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump attacks second Kavanaugh accuser: 'She admits that she was drunk'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »
   You 'teatotlers' can be so damn presumptuous, at times.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 08:55:19 pm »
Trump attacks second Kavanaugh accuser: 'She admits that she was drunk'

By Brett Samuels  - 09/25/18 12:10 PM EDT 

President Trump on Tuesday went after the second woman who has come forward to accuse Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, suggesting she lacks credibility in part because she was intoxicated during the alleged incident.

Deborah Ramirez alleges that Kavanaugh exposed himself and thrust his genitals in her face at a college party during their freshman year at Yale in the 1980s. She acknowledged in her account to The New Yorker that she had been drinking prior to the alleged incident, and had gaps in her memory of the event.

"The second accuser has nothing," Trump told reporters during a meeting with the Colombian president at the U.N. General Assembly in New York on Tuesday.

"She thinks maybe it could have been him, maybe not. She admits that she was drunk. She admits that there are time lapses," the president said.

Trump claimed that allegations from Ramirez and Christine Blasey Ford are part of a "con game” by Democrats against his Supreme Court nominee.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/408285-trump-blasts-democrats-for-playing-a-con-game-with-kavanaugh

I'm trying to figure out....which part of the President's statement are you saying is untrue?

Additionally, what are you thoughts on this woman calling around to other friend's and stating that she wasn't sure it was Kavanaugh at the party?

Finally, why do you think even the NYT was unwilling to publish this woman's account?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:59:02 pm »
One man's 'attack' is another man's statement of fact.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 09:06:02 pm »
   I didn't see this posted @Mesaclone I think Trump mentioning that she was Drunk is significant.  I do not endorse what The Hill reports, knowing their leftist bent, a majority of the time, as most Briefers do.  I just thought his statement was significant.

If your questions were for me, personally, this whole Kavanaugh thing is character assassination, plain and simple, SSDD for DC.   

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 09:38:34 pm »
   I didn't see this posted @Mesaclone I think Trump mentioning that she was Drunk is significant.  I do not endorse what The Hill reports, knowing their leftist bent, a majority of the time, as most Briefers do.  I just thought his statement was significant.

If your questions were for me, personally, this whole Kavanaugh thing is character assassination, plain and simple, SSDD for DC.   

It seems that, given the President's assertion that she was drunk, the salient question is...was she?

If the answer is yes, why would the president's mentioning this fact be significant?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 10:02:54 pm »
The woman admitted she was drunk. Not a problem if Trump or anyone else says so.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 10:20:04 pm »
It seems that, given the President's assertion that she was drunk, the salient question is...was she?

If the answer is yes, why would the president's mentioning this fact be significant?

It indicates to me @Mesaclone that, again, he is starting to wade into this $hit hole, which is his prerogative as POTUS. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 01:00:26 am »

It indicates to me @Mesaclone that, again, he is starting to wade into this $hit hole, which is his prerogative as POTUS.

I think there is quite a bit of difference between wading into the $hithole and the simple stating obvious accepted facts that by their very nature derail high tech lynchings. Sometimes characterizations express intent, and yours seem to imply Trump was the problem...and that the lynching itself was better left to run its course. Not a philosophy I'm willing to endorse...perhaps I've read you all wrong on this one, and if so my mea culpa would be sincere.

@corbe

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 01:03:01 am »
Trump says he has never drunk alcohol, not even a drop (??), so how can one know what drunk is like? Anyway, say whatever one wants.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 01:18:39 am »
TomSea wrote:
"Trump says he has never drunk alcohol, not even a drop (??), so how can one know what drunk is like?"

I can't tell ya, I've never been drunk, either (I don't consume alcohol and have never used illegal drugs).

I'm gratified that Mr. Trump is now speaking out on the issue.
He should summon the weak-kneed Republican senators to the White House and read 'em the riot act.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 02:15:01 am »
Trump says he has never drunk alcohol, not even a drop (??), so how can one know what drunk is like? Anyway, say whatever one wants.

Pictures of Trump drinking... no idea on if he has been drunk... been a while for me, but I have been sloshed a time or two back in college days...

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:16:01 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 02:40:50 am »
Trump Trump Trump!!! Shhhhhhhh
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw