Author Topic: Rush: The Destruction of the Rule of Law and American Jurisprudence  (Read 428 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Destruction of the Rule of Law and American Jurisprudence

Sep 24, 2018

RUSH: Well, my friends, I kind of told you this last Thursday that there was gonna be another woman come forward, and I did not think it would be to buttress what’s-her-face’s story, that it would have to be a new incident. And, lo and behold! Now, a 5-year-old could have made this prediction. But I did it, and it has come to pass, and it’s gotten even worse. I’m gonna… Folks, this week has the potential to be brutal, because this week has the potential to prove beyond doubt that the Democrat Party, the left, and the American media are bankrupt.

They are bankrupt of everything good, they are bankrupt of everything decent — and in the process, folks, they are doing such damage to America. I want to elaborate on this a bit. They are doing such damage to the Constitution, but it is America, it is our country that is being damaged here in ways that I don’t think it’s out of line to say are in ways that few people ever thought would actually happen internally.

We are about to witness behavior that should shock everyone. I think that the true face — if it hasn’t been already — of the radical left is about to be revealed in Technicolor. Now, I think it already has been, but it’s obvious that not everybody sees the radical left for who it is, what it is, and who they are. It is ugly, and it is typified by Michael Avenatti. He is the lawyer for Stormy Daniels, and out of the blue last night, he starts a Twitter storm claiming to represent a woman with “credible information” regarding Judge Kavanaugh and this guy Mark Judge.

He claims that Kavanaugh and Mark Judge… Are you ready for this? He claims that Kavanaugh and Mark Judge routinely — at parties in high school and college — got women drunk and gave them pills so as to start a “rape train.” He is demanding the opportunity to present testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee and will be demanding that Mark Judge and others be subpoenaed to testify to this and then demands that the nomination must be withdrawn. What is happening here right in front of our faces is the destruction of America.

By that I’m talking about primarily the education system I think is where it starts. The greatest evidence for this — and, folks, I have to tell you, I’ve got butterflies here. Call it nervousness; it’s not nervousness. It’s not performance pressure. It’s not that I’m nervous over what I’m saying. It’s that it’s happening. That this is happening has my gut in knots. It literally does. It has my stomach in knots. My heart rate is elevated. I happen to know that because I wear an Apple Watch which calculates it, and I am in touch with my heart rate on a moment’s notice.

And it’s elevated right now. It’s in rhythm; don’t worry. But it’s elevated. One of the bedrock principles of America, one of the many things enshrined in our Constitution that sets America apart from everywhere else is in our law, in our jurisprudence, in the rule of law the concept that anybody charged with anything is innocent until proved guilty. Now, I know it’s been bastardized and I know at times it’s been stood upside down on its head in court as lawyers engage in tricks with juries and so forth. That’s one thing.

This is an institutional assault that is taking place, and the Democrat Party is literally in charge of this. Essentially, whenever politics is involved — and they’ve politicized everything. Whenever politics is involved, the accused is automatically guilty and must prove his or her innocence. The accuser is automatically believed — unquestionably, automatically believed. This stands the rule of law on its head, and the reason is it’s impossible to prove a negative. It’s impossible to prove you didn’t do it, particularly in courts of law. If you’re innocent, it’s very difficult to prove a negative.

Ask Kavanaugh how that’s going. But to turn this upside down, as they are doing, what it is essentially is saying is, “If you are conservative, you are guilty if we accuse you.” The starting point is such that it’s not even worth your time to defend yourself because it doesn’t matter. “We say you did it. We say you’re guilty. We say you’re a rapist. We say you are a serial abuser. We say that you got women drunk and gave them pills to begin rape trains at parties. You’re guilty, and you have to go! You must leave.

“You must withdraw. Your supporters must withdraw their nomination of you.” This is the destruction of our rule of law and the American jurisprudent system on steroids. The thing about all of this, folks, is the left… This is the real depressing part of this, to me. They’ve got nothing to lose with this behavior. They have nothing to lose with this politics and everything to gain by it. And what does that say about our country and where it is? Their lunatic, deranged base is applauding this.

In fact, I would go so far as to say their lunatic base may be driving this. Their base voters, the people they are counting on to win the House and the Senate are applauding this. They are applauding the turning upside down of the rule of law. They are applauding the literal destruction of innocent lives and great reputations. They are applauding it, and they are demanding it. And the Democrats who participate in it will be rewarded for doing so, and there will be no penalty to them. In their minds, all of America agrees with them — well, a majority.

This is another sick thing.

In their minds — these Democrats in the Senate, Democrats everywhere — they think that a majority of Americans agrees with them and now accepts that Kavanaugh is a reprobate. Even though the evidence from either Blasey Ford or this other woman, whatever her name is. (interruption) Ramirez, yeah. Even though none of it can be proven, none of it can be established — and everybody claimed to be a witness says they weren’t there. In both instances, the Democrats still believe a majority of Americans agree with them and support this because they believe a majority of Americans want no conservatives anywhere near any elected position or appointed position of power.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/09/24/democrats-destroy-the-rule-of-law-and-american-jurisprudence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34