Author Topic: Dem senator says 'we're not in a court of law' when asked about presumption of innocence for Kavanau  (Read 209 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem senator says 'we're not in a court of law' when asked about presumption of innocence for Kavanaugh
By Megan Keller - 09/24/18 12:31 PM EDT

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) on Monday doubled down on comments she made over the weekend implying she does not think Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh deserves a presumption of innocence in the assessment of the sexual assault allegations against him because of his “ideological agenda.”

“Look, we're not in a court of law,” Hirono said on MSNBC when asked to clarify if she thought Kavanaugh deserved a presumption of innocence. "We're actually in a court of credibility at this point and without having the FBI report or some semblance of trying to get corroboration we are left with the credibility of the two witnesses."

She added that Kavanaugh's credibility was “already questionable in her mind” because of how he rules on cases as a judge, an accusation she also made in her comments Sunday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408100-dem-sen-says-were-not-in-a-court-of-law-when-asked-about-presumption-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yeah! And that has worked out very well for you thus far you slug!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien