Author Topic: The man who could fire Mueller  (Read 236 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The man who could fire Mueller
« on: September 24, 2018, 04:47:20 pm »

...Donald Trump probably can’t fire special counsel Robert Mueller himself. So if he wants to end or limit Mueller’s Russia probe, he’ll need to find someone who will.

He may have his man in Solicitor General Noel Francisco, a little-known Trump appointee who happens to have an ax to grind against the FBI — and who could become Mueller’s boss through one angry presidential impulse.

Francisco even has a specific grudge against former FBI Director James Comey, whom — much like Trump — he has accused of partisan bias. That has compounded prior concerns among Democrats about Francisco’s political independence and whether he might obey an order to either sack Mueller or constrain his investigation...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/17/rosenstein-francisco-attorney-general-solicitor-general-526859
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: The man who could fire Mueller
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 04:49:58 pm »
So what is Trump waiting for? Fire Sessions and Rosenweasel today.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 04:57:33 pm »
So what is Trump waiting for? Fire Sessions and Rosenweasel today.

That's not gonna happen right now....as planned.

Look at the optics:

FOX poll indicates that 50% of the American voters are upset with Cavanaugh   Up from 46%.

(Now, I'm not affected by this poll because half the country is Left...voter wise.  What bothers me is that it's a FOX poll, which I would think is weighted conservative)

Think President Trump would/should FIRE Rosenstein when half the country is led to believe that he's stacking the Court with 'Roy Bean' impersonators??

:cool:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 05:03:50 pm »
That's not gonna happen right now....as planned.

Look at the optics:

FOX poll indicates that 50% of the American voters are upset with Cavanaugh   Up from 46%.

(Now, I'm not affected by this poll because half the country is Left...voter wise.  What bothers me is that it's a FOX poll, which I would think is weighted conservative)

Think President Trump would/should FIRE Rosenstein when half the country is led to believe that he's stacking the Court with 'Roy Bean' impersonators??

:cool:
Now there is an idea. Place ideas out there that Roy Bean will be Kavanaugh ‘s replacement. He’s already been down the same path and no one in almost a year has proven anything on those allegations against him.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy