Author Topic: Roy Moore calls on GOP to 'take a stand' and support Kavanaugh amid sex abuse allegation  (Read 5797 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Former Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore called on Republicans to "take a stand" and support suggested U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh following the sexual misconduct allegations levied against him, adding that he believes the Democrats are using Kavanaugh's accuser as a political pawn.

Moore is no stranger to such allegations. He was accused by nine women of sexual misconduct that allegedly occurred during the 1970s - allegations that surfaced about a month before the December special election between Moore and Doug Jones. Moore denied the allegations, although he conceded to dating young women at the time.

The former Alabama Supreme Court urged Republicans to continue their support of the Supreme Court nominee.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/09/roy_moore_calls_on_gop_to_take.html
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

Former Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore called on Republicans to "take a stand" and support suggested U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh following the sexual misconduct allegations levied against him, adding that he believes the Democrats are using Kavanaugh's accuser as a political pawn.

Moore is no stranger to such allegations. He was accused by nine women of sexual misconduct that allegedly occurred during the 1970s - allegations that surfaced about a month before the December special election between Moore and Doug Jones. Moore denied the allegations, although he conceded to dating young women at the time.

The former Alabama Supreme Court urged Republicans to continue their support of the Supreme Court nominee.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/09/roy_moore_calls_on_gop_to_take.html

He is correct.  Same story ... different date.  The GOP needs to grow a pair and stand up to the leftists.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I think an appropriate name for this affair is....
"Roy Moore's Revenge" !!!

Silver Pines

He is correct.  Same story ... different date.  The GOP needs to grow a pair and stand up to the leftists.

@libertybele

Not at all the same story.  Not even in the ballpark.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Yep, the resemblances are remarkable and unless the GOP steps up, it could forever scar the landscape of conservative politics.

In the meanwhile, CAIR throws a party for Doug Jones (who attends) and boast about it's 20,000 members in the state that voted almost exclusively for Jones (the margin that Jones won by).

https://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2017/12/muslims_minorities_express_rel.html
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:35:38 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

Yep, the resemblances are remarkable and unless the GOP steps up, it could forever scar the landscape of conservative politics.

In the meanwhile, CAIR throws a party for Doug Jones (who attends) and boast about it's 20,000 members in the state that voted almost exclusively for Jones (the margin that Jones won by).

https://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2017/12/muslims_minorities_express_rel.html

The unconscionable fruit of wretched gossip.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I admire Moore's solid defense of the unborn versus some who have abandoned the unborn by talking down those who have worked for the unborn and even call them mean-spirited names, those people should be seen as being on the same side, effectively as some leftists.

Moore came in for a lot of flak, even Senator Cruz withdrew his endorsement.

They call themselves pro-life? BWAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:39:11 am by TomSea »

Offline kevindavis007

Funny, I don't recall Kavanaugh being accused of going to malls to pick up girls half his age.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jpsb

Funny, I don't recall Kavanaugh being accused of going to malls to pick up girls half his age.

And I don't recall Moore being accused of putting his penis in some drunk girls face. What's your point in attacking Moore?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:42:06 am by jpsb »

Offline kevindavis007

And I don't recall Moore being accused of putting his penis in some drunk girls face. What's your point in attacking Moore?

To me the accusations against Moore was credible. Also, Moore could have won, if he spent time on the campaign trail then going to a football game.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jpsb

To me the accusations against Moore was credible. Also, Moore could have won, if he spent time on the campaign trail then going to a football game.

IIRC there was only one girl that accused Moore of improper behavior. Accusations from years ago
are now SOP from the Rats party. A presumption of innocence is a thing of the past. I miss the old
days where an accuser had the burden of proof not the accused.

Online roamer_1

Literally ALL of the evidence against Moore was knocked down. ALL of it, to include the 'cruising malls' shtick, and the adjoined allegation that he was banned from the mall.

~ALL~ of it was bullshit, constructed just like the accusations against Kavanaugh. Literally made of whole cloth. There is not a single piece of evidence to stand against him, every witness has been refuted, and every accuser tripped up in their own lies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@libertybele

@CatherineofAragon

Please be kind enough to point out the difference, other than the names involved, to those of us who, according to you, have no sense of discernment.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Literally ALL of the evidence against Moore was knocked down. ALL of it, to include the 'cruising malls' shtick, and the adjoined allegation that he was banned from the mall.

~ALL~ of it was bullshit, constructed just like the accusations against Kavanaugh. Literally made of whole cloth. There is not a single piece of evidence to stand against him, every witness has been refuted, and every accuser tripped up in their own lies.

There would be no sliming of Kavanaugh if there wasn't first a sliming of Moore. When will we learn.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@roamer_1

Exactly and precisely correct across the board!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There would be no sliming of Kavanaugh if there wasn't first a sliming of Moore. When will we learn.

@skeeter

They will keep running the play for as long as we allow it to succeed!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Please be kind enough to point out the difference, other than the names involved, to those of us who, according to you, have no sense of discernment.

@Bigun

What makes you think I’m going to waste my time and help you derail the thread doing that again, when you refused to accept sense the first time and have made it clear your opinion hasn’t changed?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

What makes you think I’m going to waste my time and help you derail the thread doing that again, when you refused to accept sense the first time and have made it clear your opinion hasn’t changed?

@CatherineofAragon

The EXACT response I expected from you!  There is NO difference and YOU know it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

:amen:

When will this evil end? The Rat activists bring allegations from 30-40 years ago, which can't be verified and it's up to the accused to prove their innocence. The media runs with the story as if the accuser should be taken seriously. The "moderate" pubs get weak knees and spout the typical pc line "the accuser must be heard". The person accused is besmirched and their reputation tarnished. The Rats win.

Unless the American people vote against this kind of thing it's just going to continue.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@libertybele

Damned right he is! 100%!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

I don't think we will learn. People want to let their emotions dictate their actions. Principals like due process and innocent until proven guilty get in the way of a satisfying lynching.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:56:26 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

I don't think we will learn. People want to let their emotions dictate their actions. Principals like due process and innocent until proven guilty get end the way of a satisfying lynching.

600 years of english common law is enough doncha think? Law of the Jungle is much better suited to the 24 hr news cycle and Progressive political prospects.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

The EXACT response I expected from you!  There is NO difference and YOU know it!

@Bigun

Doesn’t work that way.  My refusal to lay that mess out again for you because you demand it doesn’t translate to a “gotcha” for you.

You’re free to go back over my old posts on the subject.  Maybe you’ll see reason.  Or more likely not, since your rejection of it was & still is deliberate. 

Consider this matter closed.

Offline Applewood

@libertybele

Not exactly the same, but the same or similar M.O. of whoever is targeting public figures like Judge Kavanaugh and Roy Moore.  Have as many accusers as possible.  The ones who helped sink Moore's campaign found out there is strength in numbers.  If more than one person makes the same or similar accusation, then the accusations must be true.   No need for witnesses or evidence. 

Online roamer_1

I don't think we will learn. People want to let their emotions dictate their actions. Principals like due process and innocent until proven guilty get in the way of a satisfying lynching.

That is precisely right.
It was said right on this board that the court of public opinion does not require 'beyond a reasonable doubt'... That 'discernment' can be performed without evidence or oath.

That used to be called vile gossip.