Author Topic: It Takes a Veto  (Read 332 times)

Offline corbe

It Takes a Veto
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:18:11 pm »
It Takes a Veto

By Rachel Bovard|  September 22nd, 2018

All summer long, Republicans have been touting their success in passing spending bills. The problem? There are no Republican policies in them.

The bill the Senate passed earlier this week—which combines three spending bills into one package and extends government funding through December 7—fails to address any Republican policy priorities. It somehow manages to spend even more than the $1.3 trillion omnibus Congress passed in March. Obama-era programs that the president targeted for repeal or roll back are fully funded. There’s a reason, after all, that the people praising the bill the loudest are Senate Democrats.

The last two years have demonstrated that the Republican Congress has little interest in putting up a fight for conservative priorities, and even less interest in fighting on behalf of the president’s agenda. The state of the current spending bill makes this plain.

If congressional Republicans won’t assert themselves on behalf of the voters who elected them, then the president must. It’s time for President Trump to whip out the veto pen. Here are three reasons why.

<..snip..>

https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/22/it-takes-a-veto/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Re: It Takes a Veto
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 10:35:01 pm »
No takers @corbe ?

I am shocked. Shocked, I say...

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:40:46 pm »
   It's still early @roamer_1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 11:04:50 pm »
   It's still early @roamer_1

@corbe

Are you a thread killer like me?  See you later, gonna go post to myself on my Goldberg thread, lol.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 12:59:43 am »
Time for a BUMP.
 :beer: