Author Topic: Poll: Voters say economy is good but worry about nation's direction  (Read 382 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-voters-say-economy-is-good-but-worry-about-nations-direction/

With six weeks to go until Election Day, voters are feeling more positive about the economy than about the state of the country overall. Three in four voters rate both the national economy and their own local economy as very or somewhat good, but fewer – 46 percent - are satisfied with how things are going in the country. Those who feel good about the economy but unhappy about the direction of the country are largely Democrats and planning to vote for Democrats this fall.

In the race for the House of Representatives, Democrats are bolstered by support from women, younger voters and minorities.  Republicans have an edge with men, whites, and those who are older. 

Republicans are about as likely as Democrats to say they'll definitely vote in November, and there is no enthusiasm gap in these districts. More than three in four voters in key Congressional districts are paying attention to the campaign, including 43 percent who are paying a great deal of attention to it. But Democrats do describe the election as important: twice as many Democrats (30 percent) as Republicans (16 percent) say a vote in 2018 is more important than a presidential election.

more at link

I suspect there are more former GOP voters, like myself, who are unsatisfied with the accomplishments of the GOP and not motivated to vote.  I know the rats say they are highly motivated, and I also suspect there are people who didn't vote last time because they didn't care but do now.  The sign don't look good for the GOP.  On the other hand I got it all wrong last election, so I'm anxious to better gauge the electorate and the strengths of the parties soon.     

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Poll: Voters say economy is good but worry about nation's direction
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 06:33:40 pm »
If voters want to put the Dems back in power in the mid-terms, then frankly they deserve what they get.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:38:08 pm »
I'm no expert political analyst, but I think I have a pretty good grip on human nature.

I just don't see why anyone but the most partisan leftist nutters would be motivated to go out and vote to change direction this upcoming election. Its a matter of our own nutters partisans' enthusiasm to get out there in & vote Nov.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:03:56 pm »
I'm no expert political analyst, but I think I have a pretty good grip on human nature.

I just don't see why anyone but the most partisan leftist nutters would be motivated to go out and vote to change direction this upcoming election. Its a matter of our own nutters partisans' enthusiasm to get out there in & vote Nov.

I know I'm not motivated to vote, so I guess that is good news for someone, and I agree only the most partisan nutters are motivated to vote.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 07:06:06 pm »
I know I'm not motivated to vote, so I guess that is good news for someone, and I agree only the most partisan nutters are motivated to vote.

Sarcasm noted. I should've called them The Base. Partisan nutters just sounds less boring.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »
If voters want to put the Dems back in power in the mid-terms, then frankly they deserve what they get.
It may sell books too.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1043970020894756865
Ann Coulter @AnnCoulter

The Republican Party has got to be crushed and replaced.
2:07 PM - 23 Sep 2018

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 12:15:50 am »
Regardless if you approve of the character of Trump he has given the economy a shot in the arm.  IMHO, if the leftist liberal mental midgets would quit trying to derail this presidency the direction of this country would be just fine; certainly better than the Bammy years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.