Author Topic: Trey Gowdy: 'I have no issues with the FBI taking a second, third, eighth look' at Brett Kavanaugh  (Read 1092 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trey Gowdy: 'I have no issues with the FBI taking a second, third, eighth look' at Brett Kavanaugh
by Naomi Lim
 | September 23, 2018 11:41 AM

House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., does not mind the FBI re-opening a background investigation into Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to learn more about Christine Blasey Ford's accusation that he sexually assaulted her in high school.

"I have no issues with the FBI taking a second, third, eighth look if that's what it takes to find out what happened and to fully air all the facts," Gowdy said Sunday during an interview on CBS News' "Face the Nation." "I just want people to have realistic expectations."

Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, said an FBI probe did not mitigate the need for either Kavanaugh or Ford testifying before Congress. The Senate Judiciary Committee should hear from the witnesses to determine their credibility, he stressed, expressing concern over senators claiming they believed Ford, now a professor, without listening to her claim in person.

"So the only role I can see the bureau playing is identifying other witnesses that may have knowledge. Some of that has already been done by Dr. Ford," Gowdy said.

"Judge Kavanaugh's defense is he wasn't there, so you wouldn't expect him to produce witnesses but I don't know what people expect the FBI to do," he continued. "They're not human polygraphs. They can't tell us who is telling the truth."

Ford alleges Kavanaugh drunkenly forced himself on her during a high school party in the 1980s. They have both agreed in principle to appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding the accusation, but Ford's lawyers and Democrats have argued for an independent inquiry before she faces the panel.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trey-gowdy-i-have-no-issues-with-the-fbi-taking-a-second-third-eighth-look-at-brett-kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think those in the inside circle basically know Kav is innocent and statements such as this are for public consumption.

Online libertybele

Quite frankly, with no evidence and her unable to clearly (and clearly being the keyword here) recall what happened over 30 years ago, they should have shut her down a long time ago.  Now we're to the point that whether the allegations are true or not, she's delayed the nomination, tarnished his image and the leftists will never admit that this was nothing more than a bogus witch hunt. 

My fear now is if they don't confirm him, who next?  Trump will have to appease the left or he won't seat the next justice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Blank you, Trey.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He was always like this. All the unfinished 'investigations' which all went nowhere. Despite all his bluster, all Gowdy has ever done is to fill a role for the Democrats. He fills the roll of a conscientious investigator knowing the whole while that he is just killing time to run out the clock. None of his numerous investigations ever amounted to anything. And that is exactly the way it was planned.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

My fear now is if they don't confirm him, who next?  Trump will have to appease the left or he won't seat the next justice.

Unless we hold and/or increase our Senate majority we won't have to worry about the next confirmation.  There won't be one.

Offline dfwgator

He was always like this. All the unfinished 'investigations' which all went nowhere. Despite all his bluster, all Gowdy has ever done is to fill a role for the Democrats. He fills the roll of a conscientious investigator knowing the whole while that he is just killing time to run out the clock. None of his numerous investigations ever amounted to anything. And that is exactly the way it was planned.

I'm sure Trey has a nice lobbying gig lined up.

Silver Pines

With friends like these...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Someone needs to get this guy out of the House.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Trey, it would be the seventh time. Kavanaugh already passed FBI scrutiny six times.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

Unless we hold and/or increase our Senate majority we won't have to worry about the next confirmation.  There won't be one.

Exactly.  People need to really think about this.  We lose our majority and we could very well also be looking at a President Pence God forbid.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Praise Jesus and pass the ammunition. President Pence is just fine with me. I mean, what the hell man. Why not?

If that is what the Liberals are so hot to bring about, I'll go with it. Liberals love Pence!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:55:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Praise Jesus and pass the ammunition. President Pence is just fine with me. I mean, what the hell man. Why not?

If that is what the Liberals are so hot to bring about, I'll go with it. Liberals love Pence!

Fine.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pence sure has a lock on the vote in 2024 in our home!!  :patriot:

Offline endicom

Trey, it would be the seventh time. Kavanaugh already passed FBI scrutiny six times.

And Trey Gowdy should now be busted to Deuce Gowdy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks, Trey.  How does it feel to be in lockstep with Diane Feinswine?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

Trey Gowdy is right there is no there there, look all you want. Nothing to see here.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Or has always been.  Why wasn't Hillary held accountable for Benghazi?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Did Feinswine decide it was worthless to run for reelection again?  If not, perhaps she sees some monetary value to pretending Washington is doing something worth doing...like the other players.

Online libertybele

?? Are you being sarcastic?  If the liberals love Pence he is the last person I want for POTUS and he isn't who the people elected.  Why oh why did Trump name his as his VP is beyond me; my hunch is that's who Kushner (Mr. Soros himself) advised him to pick.

?? Are you being sarcastic?  If the liberals love Pence he is the last person I want for POTUS and he isn't who the people elected.  Why oh why did Trump name his as his VP is beyond me; my hunch is that's who Kushner (Mr. Soros himself) advised him to pick.
Are you being sarcastic?  What's wrong with Pence?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did Feinswine decide it was worthless to run for reelection again?  If not, perhaps she sees some monetary value to pretending Washington is doing something worth doing...like the other players.

Can't disagree with a word of that.  She's on the McCain career path:  Hold office until you kick the bucket.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Only good thing I can say about Gowdy is that he will be gone come January, 2019.  I had so many friends tell me how great a prosecutor he once was and that he would nail HR Clinton, and then the meetings on Benghazi produced literally nothing.

Gowdy is lame, and the sooner he leaves, it provides an opportunity for someone worth more than his value, which is less than a BM.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Are you being sarcastic?  What's wrong with Pence?

@libertybele @Once-Ler  zsupposedly Pence was Manafort's choice for VP.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.