Author Topic: Lisa Page believed Rod Rosenstein was serious about secretly recording Trump: Report  (Read 846 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lisa Page believed Rod Rosenstein was serious about secretly recording Trump: Report
by Daniel Chaitin
 | September 23, 2018 09:06 AM

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page was reportedly under the impression that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was being serious when, in the days after FBI Director James Comey was fired last spring, he brought up secretly recording President Trump.

The New York Times broke the news about Rosenstein's idea on Friday, characterizing the taping comments as well as talk of invoking the 25th Amendment to the Constitution to oust the president as being legitimate considerations. However, sources in follow-up reports from the Washington Post and NBC News pushed back, saying the covert recording remark was made sarcastically or jokingly.

But one notable person in the room, Page, thought otherwise. Two sources familiar with the situation said Page, who wrote a memo about that meeting, told the Daily Beast she took the secret taping comment seriously.

Page resigned from the FBI in May amid a controversy that derived from text messages between herself and FBI agent Peter Strzok that displayed an anti-Trump bias.

Rosenstein vehemently denies that he ever "pursued or authorized" the recording of the president, and another one of Daily Beast's sources, a former official who was in the room when Rosenstein suggested a secret recording, also dismissed the idea. “Never for one second did I think he was seriously suggesting that anybody do that,” that source said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lisa-page-believed-rod-rosenstein-was-serious-about-secretly-recording-trump-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Great we now have a name, Liza Page, so this story is no longer based solely on anomalous sources.
Rod is gone after the mid terms. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm confused ... is Lisa team McCabe?

Offline jpsb

I'm confused ... is Lisa team McCabe?

@Right_in_Virginia

GOP House members investigating DOJ/FBI were saying nice things about Liza Page after she
appeared before them. So I seriously double she is on team McCabe.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

GOP House members investigating DOJ/FBI were saying nice things about Liza Page after she
appeared before them. So I seriously double she is on team McCabe.

Thanks.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Great we now have a name, Liza Page, so this story is no longer based solely on anomalous sources.
Rod is gone after the mid terms.

I predicted this last week in here....it HAD to be her.   Either she herself attended that meeting, or loverboy Strzok texted her the details.

In either event, Lisa 'turned' in that she coming clean about her part in all this.  WTF is she protecting?  Nobody.

She was discarded quickly.

So Mark Levin is wrong.  Let's just assume that the POTUS and his DOJ know more than we do.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
So, career Lefties are forgiven when they say the right thing. Page now joins the likes of Dershowitz and the NYT.  Seems to be a low bar for admittance into The Glaum Club.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.