Author Topic: Dems see Kavanaugh saga as playing to their advantage  (Read 1221 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems see Kavanaugh saga as playing to their advantage
« on: September 23, 2018, 01:48:14 pm »
Dems see Kavanaugh saga as playing to their advantage
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 09/23/18 06:00 AM EDT

House Democrats increasingly see the controversy swirling around Brett Kavanaugh as a political boon just weeks ahead of the midterm elections — a saga they think will energize female voters already put off by President Trump and threatening to bring their frustrations to the polls.

“Beware of the wrath of women scorned, Mr. President and Majority Leader [Mitch] McConnell,” said Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.). “It will be your party’s downfall.”

Senate Republicans are pressing for a confirmation vote on Kavanaugh, Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, despite Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations that he sexually assaulted her when both were teenagers decades ago. Kavanaugh has fiercely denied the allegations.

In the #MeToo era, Democrats think the Kavanaugh controversy poses a huge political risk to Republicans.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/407863-dems-see-kavanaugh-saga-as-playing-to-their-advantage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Dems see Kavanaugh saga as playing to their advantage
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:09:49 pm »
@mystery-ak

The general public who are not political junkies, will hear on TV -  "Sex attack - Republican Kavanaugh Supreme Court", and vote straight ticket "Democrat" on the November voting machine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:10:33 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »
@mystery-ak

The general public who are not political junkies, will hear on TV -  "Sex attack - Republican Kavanaugh Supreme Court", and vote straight ticket "Democrat" on the November voting machine.

Hopefully her testimony will be public and they will tape it.  I am thinking that the tough questions would make great political ad.  Put a couple tough questions like what were you doing at a drinking party in a bedroom with a boy making out?  Then throw in some absurd things liberals have said...........
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:16:46 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 08:16:30 pm »

CNN
@CNN
CNN’s Jake Tapper: “Doesn’t Kavanaugh have the same presumption of innocence as anyone else in America?”

Sen. Mazie Hirono: “I put his denial in the context of everything that I know about him in terms of how he approaches his cases”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 08:18:40 pm »
CNN
@CNN
CNN’s Jake Tapper: “Doesn’t Kavanaugh have the same presumption of innocence as anyone else in America?”

Sen. Mazie Hirono: “I put his denial in the context of everything that I know about him in terms of how he approaches his cases”

Good for Jake Tapper.  Some times that fake media can be true.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 08:42:13 pm »
People will hear ‘high school party with booze 36 years ago, no evidence’ and think ‘gee sounds like me’ and roll their eyes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 08:43:05 pm »
Wired Sources‏
@WiredSources 

JUST IN: Sources say Democrats are increasingly concerned Dr Ford's allegations won't sound credible, after all four witnesses, including lifelong friend, debunk allegation

7:17 AM - 23 Sep 2018

https://twitter.com/WiredSources/status/1043866915117174784

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 08:45:57 pm »
People will hear ‘high school party with booze 36 years ago, no evidence’ and think ‘gee sounds like me’ and roll their eyes.

Exactly.  This makes the Democrats look stupid.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 08:49:10 pm »
The Rs should cancel her testimony, ask for an FBI investigation and continue confirmation hearing in
Oct. Dr Ford is lying, do not allow the Rats to turn her into a victim. The victim in all this is
Kavanaugh. This is a teaching moment if played correctly.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 08:53:17 pm »
Well with how stupid people are in this country these days, they may be right.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 08:56:11 pm »
CNN
@CNN

Mazie Hirono < Maxine Waters I don't know which one to hate more.  The dialogue this season has been brilliant.  Must see TV.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 09:00:52 pm »
The Rs should cancel her testimony, ask for an FBI investigation and continue confirmation hearing in
Oct. Dr Ford is lying, do not allow the Rats to turn her into a victim. The victim in all this is
Kavanaugh. This is a teaching moment if played correctly.

UH, How does an active investigation by the FIBBIES pf a potential Supreme Court Judge help in the confirmation hearings?? 22222frying pan
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 09:24:50 pm »
Let her have her day in court.  She needs to have some type of evidence that proves he is guilty.  Otherwise, time to move on and take a vote.  At this point, I highly doubt he will get the votes needed anyways.  This is nothing more than a waste of time.

If I were Trump I'd be looking at someone extremely conservative.  But, will the DEMS play out this same scenario?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 09:27:58 pm »
I'll stick to what I've said for 5 days, he will be confirmed.

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 09:34:55 pm »
If I were Trump I'd be looking at someone extremely conservative.  But, will the DEMS play out this same scenario?

Not sure if you're recommending a replacement to Kavanaugh, but Trump has already endorsed Constitutionalist Judge Roy Moore for another position.  Presumably he could be vetted quickly.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »
Well with how stupid people are in this country these days, they may be right.

That was my first thought.

They know how stupid and ill-informed Americans are these days, and they're counting on it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 09:39:39 pm »
Hopefully her testimony will be public and they will tape it.  I am thinking that the tough questions would make great political ad.  Put a couple tough questions like what were you doing at a drinking party in a bedroom with a boy making out?  Then throw in some absurd things liberals have said...........

At the age of 15.  And didn't report it.  And didn't even tell anyone about it.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »
At the age of 15.  And didn't report it.  And didn't even tell anyone about it.   **nononono*

That's the only credible part of her story so far.  A 15 year old who was where she wasn't supposed to be doing what she wasn't supposed to be doing and drinking what she wasn't supposed to be drinking and something fairly minor happened and she got away with no ill consequences - I doubt she would tell her mom or dad.

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:12 pm »
That's the only credible part of her story so far.  A 15 year old who was where she wasn't supposed to be doing what she wasn't supposed to be doing and drinking what she wasn't supposed to be drinking and something fairly minor happened and she got away with no ill consequences - I doubt she would tell her mom or dad.
She was emotionally scarred when she found out boys found her attractive.  My first girlfriend fantasied I was going to strangle her at a party, when I cautioned her not to moan so loudly as we dry humped.  She felt dirty.  I recognized that girls thought differently when I bragged to all my guy friends, and she stopped talking to me.  I got over it because I felt great.  I don't think that girl told her parents we spent our time grinding against each other.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:07:22 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2018, 10:01:23 pm »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:49 pm »
Oh, please! These allegations are sinking faster than a Kennedy Oldsmobile.
I stand with Roosgirl.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 10:06:55 pm »

I choked on my bong when I saw the Kenyan.  too funny.

Online berdie

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 01:38:06 am »

I can't agree more...If this accusation stands I'm getting out my yearbook
it doesn't matter if I was at the party or not.

What a travesty.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 01:38:52 am by berdie »