Author Topic: Ted Cruz Finally Shuts The Door On The Bad Blood Controversy Between He And Trump  (Read 7865 times)

Offline corbe

Tiger needs a win today and it's looking good, watching PGA in the background also @DCPatriot
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Speaking of football..... the Cleveland Browns won their first game Thursday night in about like 12 years...   happy77
I found out about that Tuesday from Q post #206578

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would dismantle the ownership of the NFL if I could, but no actions by players with a ten cent brain and a hundred dollar body are gonna stop me from watching football.

@Emjay  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon   Of course not and I have never said that.  I was disgusted because the thread had disintegrated into vicious and unrealistic attacks on Ted Cruz, who is a good man and one of my favorites.

As for the posts on this forum, they have no effect on the real world but do provide a glimpse of how various Republicans (or people who swear they will never vote Republican) feel.

@Emjay

Okay, fair enough.

Offline Axeslinger

But the bottom line is that unless people who hate Trump see a valid alternative there is not a hell of a lot of upside in constantly criticizing him.

@Emjay

First of all, there are many of us who have given him credit and still do.  Not good enough, they say.  Now you’re advocating that he not be criticized?  That’s about the stupidest thing I’ve read here.

Finally, as some of us have said...the problem is not trump...the problem is his rabid dog supporters who demand full and complete fealty...you, know by do things ripped right from the KGB manual...like demanding that he not be criticized
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:30:32 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

@Emjay

First of all, there are many of us who have given him credit and still do.  Not good enough, they say.  Now you’re advocating that he not be criticized?  That’s about the stupidest thing I’ve read here.

Finally, as some of us have said...the problem is not trump...the problem is his rabid dog supporters who demand full and complete fealty...you, know by do things ripped right from the KGB manual...like demanding that he not be criticized

I constantly read that from some of his most vocal critics. But while I see plenty of criticism, I rarely if ever see the 'credit where credit is due' posts from these folks.

Frankly I couldn't care less whether they ever come around. I just don't see the sense in the incessant yapping.

Offline musiclady

And, The University stomped TCU yesterday.  First time in 5? years. 

(I'm not watching pro-ball, but there's lots of college ball to watch)

I strongly prefer college ball to the histrionics and hot dogginess of the NFL, so when the kneeling thing started, I pretty much stopped watching the NFL altogether other than the playoffs.

The Buckeyes are starting strong this year with a very young team.  Not much competition other than TCU, and they ended up winning 40-28.

We'll see what happens with Penn State and without Nick Bosa.  That'll be the test to see if they can stay in the top four.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I found out about that Tuesday from Q post #206578

Pretty cool since it happened Thursday.

That Q stuff is downright AMAZING!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Axeslinger

I constantly read that from some of his most vocal critics. But while I see plenty of criticism, I rarely if ever see the 'credit where credit is due' posts from these folks.

Frankly I couldn't care less whether they ever come around. I just don't see the sense in the incessant yapping.

Then frankly you’re not looking very hard.   Go back and look at my posts and see how I often rip him vs how often I’ve given credit...and am still told over and over as nauseum...”that ain’t good enough”

Hell...look at your own post
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

Hell...look at your own post

Exactly. And look at your reaction to it.

Offline jpsb

Please show me a Trump supporter here that demands that Trump not be criticized.

My first post on this thread pointed out how all the NTers here had no problem (where high fiveing
one another) with referring to Trump supporters as "Trump fan boys". Insulting folks is not a very
effective tool if your goal is to build support.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   Tiger needs a win today and it's looking good, watching PGA in the background also @DCPatriot

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

@Axeslinger   That is the stupidest thing you've ever read here?  Wow ... you must have missed a lot of posts.

That is not what I said.  I said it is futile and not constructive to spend all your time criticizing Trump and I stand by that.

I did not say you shouldn't or couldn't criticize him.

Man up, baby.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

@Emjay

@Axeslinger
@Emjay

Exactly. If you say you want people to give him credit, and you do, and they deny it, then you're done.

The point remains that he can be criticized whether others see an upside or not.

Offline Axeslinger

Please show me a Trump supporter here that demands that Trump not be criticized.

My first post on this thread pointed out how all the NTers here had no problem (where high fiveing
one another) with referring to Trump supporters as "Trump fan boys". Insulting folks is not a very
effective tool if your goal is to build support.

We don’t need to build support for trump...that’s your role...he’s your guy.   All we want is to be left the hell alone and not told over and over and over that WE are enemy, that WE are should NOT  criticize, that whatever kudos we have given are not sufficient.

Instead of worrying about us, why don’t you go try and woo some independents?  Why?  Because y’all just cannot abide anyone who does not bend their knee to your guy.  It’s repugnant

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Axeslinger
@Emjay

Exactly. If you say you want people to give him credit, and you do, and they deny it, then you're done.

The point remains that he can be criticized whether others see an upside or not.

I don't give a rat's ass whether people criticize Trump or not.  And that is a good thing because I know they will.

I just don't see the upside in spending all your time doing that, but if it makes you happy, go for it.

Offline Axeslinger

@Axeslinger   That is the stupidest thing you've ever read here?  Wow ... you must have missed a lot of posts.

That is not what I said.  I said it is futile and not constructive to spend all your time criticizing Trump and I stand by that.

I did not say you shouldn't or couldn't criticize him.

Man up, baby.

But somehow, oddly enough, y’all do it EVERY SINGLE FRIGGING TIME he gets criticized.  So, yeah...you absolutely, in total, have said we shouldn’t.  So bite me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We don’t need to build support for trump...that’s your role...he’s your guy.   All we want is to be left the hell alone and not told over and over and over that WE are enemy, that WE are should NOT  criticize, that whatever kudos we have given are not sufficient.

Instead of worrying about us, why don’t you go try and woo some independents?  Why?  Because y’all just cannot abide anyone who does not bend their knee to your guy.  It’s repugnant

That is unfair @Axeslinger   You are focusing on the very few people who are totally devoted to Trump.  And I've gotta say, you've made a couple of 'repugnant' posts to me which I've tried to respond to pleasantly.

Offline Axeslinger

Exactly. And look at your reaction to it.
@skeeter
It never occurred to me that you wouldn’t have the stones to back your assertion up. Lesson learned.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
But somehow, oddly enough, y’all do it EVERY SINGLE FRIGGING TIME he gets criticized.  So, yeah...you absolutely, in total, have said we shouldn’t.  So bite me.

@Axeslinger   If that happened, we would have to spend all our time jumping on NTers.

Again, I caution you against painting all Trump supporters with the same brush.

I also caution you against using the term, 'bite me.'  This is not second grade.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
It never occurred to me that you wouldn’t have the stones to back your assertion up. Lesson learned.

Pal, it doesn't take stones to post on an internet forum.

Did it ever occur to you that you might have a bit of persecution complex?

Offline libertybele

BTW it was a "Trumpster" who cared enough about the race in Texas to start the live thread for the Cruz/Beto debate on Friday and post a video of the debate for those who missed it.

So please, @libertybele you and others need to stop smearing with such a broad brush.  Thanks.

Good grief.  Smearing?  Who is smearing??  Facts and the truth.  That's all I'm relaying.

I vowed since the very beginning of Trump's inauguration to support him; however that support has never been blind, nor should it be.  Our POTUS has done a lot of good, but I still cringe at some of the things he says and does.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

As 'Jimmie' (DiNero) said in Goodfellas.  "...a little bit.  Yes! ...a little bit, a little bit!"   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Axeslinger

You’re right, it doesn’t.  But it does take stones to own up to your own words... and you’re still failing to do so.

And nope...I, like others here, have just spent 20 months being told that:

We are the problem
And ironically, we are irrelevant (not sure how we can both of those things, but there it is.)
That we are the enemy
That we are not conservative
That we support the Dems
That we supported Hillary
That we are not allowed to criticize trump.

Perhaps what we should do is this:

Please trump supporters:  provide us a list of what IS acceptable speech.   What are we allowed to do that will meet with your blessing?  What is your code of conduct regarding  trump?  What can we say that won’t get your tail feathers ruffled (or your curiously tan colored shirts wrinkled)

Offline Axeslinger

@Axeslinger   If that happened, we would have to spend all our time jumping on NTers.

Again, I caution you against painting all Trump supporters with the same brush.

I also caution you against using the term, 'bite me.'  This is not second grade.

Dear @Emjay ,  I promise... that was the nice version of what I was thinking.

I’m only painting those  trump supporters who are in the clique that says things like “don’t criticize trump”