Author Topic: Ted Cruz Finally Shuts The Door On The Bad Blood Controversy Between He And Trump  (Read 7875 times)

Online corbe

The important thing in the big picture is to win the Presidency, I didn't think Trump would though gave him my support.

Cruz did not win anywhere in the nation's largest area of Conservatism, the Deep South, no Georgia like Newt got, no Mississippi, no South Carolina, not even Louisiana. That did not bode well for a general election, sure, he would still probably nab that area in the general. I'm not counting his homestate in this nor neighboring Oklahoma.

All indications are, we may be working with a Romney 2012 situation, btw, Ted endorsed Mitt. Another point I note, some Cruz-ers are not in accordance with.

With all due respect @TomSea and I mean that sincerely, at the same time Pecker was arranging payments for the Trump whores silence, he released this a week before Super Tuesday.

Perhaps the Evangelicals believed this crap.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Headed into tough re-election, Cruz sides with GOP leaders on big spending bill

By Andrea Drusch
September 18, 2018 03:44 PM 

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday broke with Senate conservatives to support a government funding bill that provides a boost in defense spending — along with money for public broadcasting, Head Start programs and the operation of Obamacare.

The move is out of character for Cruz, who five years ago orchestrated a government shutdown in the name of defunding Obamacare.

Just two months ago Cruz boasted that he’d voted against Congress’s then-most recent major spending bill, which he said included the “single biggest rebuilding of our military since Ronald Reagan,” at the expense of “a massive increase in non-defense spending.”

Now Cruz is in the midst of a tougher-than-expected re-election race, where GOP leaders, including a super PAC aligned with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky plan to help him.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article218608365.html#storylink=cpy

Doesn't look good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
*  When @INVAR told us ow much he hated...er, excuse me, "disliked" Donald Trump, from Day 1 ..."hate" was verboten at the time in order to keep NT heads from exploding...I told him in no uncertain terms to take his withheld vote and stick it up his ass.

**  From that day forward he keeps reminding us that he was told he wasn't needed, so we can all GTH...while he sits on the sidelines salivating each time the media poses forward another negative item about the President.  Hoping for his "I tried to tell you all!  Look how smart and superior I am".

*** @roamer_1   You, OTOH, chose your 'weapon' early on.  You found a brother in Invar. 

Your moral standard, of which I'm sure you live 24/7/365 the best you know how, is unrealistic for most people, let alone a self-made billionaire from Queens, NY.

A billionaire who recognizes the wisdom of trickle down economics.  One who recognizes you have to take pics and donate to people who you wouldn't play golf with on a regular basis.

But a tip-of-the-cap to you roamer...despite the overwhelming evidence to support his accomplishments/efforts to roll back destructive Obama policies, you too state you'll do it from the sidelines because there's not a nickel's worth of difference between the two parties.

And that's the crux of where you get 'thrown off the island'.  No matter how engaging, no one should take seriously, anyone who STILL won't acknowledge the stark differences between the Republican and Democrat parties.   :laugh:

I never disliked Ted Cruz.  Had he won, I'd have supported him just like I did McCain and Romney.

But I knew nobody stood a chance against Donald Trump.  From any party.

And just as I suspected as evidenced by this thread...there is still a lot of tension between the primary factions... three years on.

All very true and valuable @DCPatriot   Thank God for the rare posts of sanity around here.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

For the record I am equally pissed at Cruz for voting for that bloated budget last week and Trump for signing it.

Nobody is more pissed that President Trump signed it than President Trump himself. 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1042740913968164864
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I want to know, where is the money for Border Security and the WALL in this ridiculous Spending Bill, and where will it come from after the Midterms? Dems are obstructing Law Enforcement and Border Security. REPUBLICANS MUST FINALLY GET TOUGH!
4:43 AM - 20 Sep 2018
REPUBLICANS MUST FINALLY GET TOUGH!  President Trump is right dammit.  When is someone gonna hold them accountable? <reads the room> come up with really good excuses?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
   With all due respect @TomSea and I mean that sincerely, at the same time Pecker was arranging payments for the Trump whores silence, he released this a week before Super Tuesday.

Perhaps the Evangelicals believed this crap.

Do you go along with Cruz endorsing Romney? Are those your views?

Do you go along with Cruz's support of Trump?

Call me, when you actually follow what Ted Cruz says.

Yeah, that's a good one, those hillbillies in Tennessee being swayed by the National Enquirer.  :silly:

Miss the attacks on Rubio and the Bible? Why not assign these events as important. Or saying Carson was dropping out of Iowa.

@corbe

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:20:16 pm by TomSea »

Offline Axeslinger

Do you go along with Cruz endorsing Romney? Are those your views?

Do you go along with Cruz's support of Trump?

Call me, when you actually follow what Ted Cruz says.

Yeah, that's a good one, those hillbillies in Tennessee being swayed by the National Enquirer.  :silly:

Miss the attacks on Rubio and the Bible? Why not assign these events as important. Or saying Carson was dropping out of Iowa.

@corbe
@TomSea
Hey at least they don’t accuse strangers of supporting child abuse, right?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:32:02 pm by MOD8 »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The current situation in Washington should show us all clearly who the real enemy is and how ruthless and lawless they are.

The left depends heavily on liberal judges and justices because their agenda will not pass any other way.  I happened to listen to NPR this morning (because it's the only station I can get) and a woman was saying how desperate the dems are to avoid having a young, conservative justice on the courts that might destroy their majority for years to come.

This entire farce with this Judge woman is a last-ditch, desperate attempt to thwart Trump's nomination to the court.

I am absolutely sick about it and sick about what this fine man and his family are having to go through because of the ruthless venom of DiFi and her willing partner-in-crime.

That is the enemy, folks.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:32:21 pm by MOD8 »

Offline MOD8

Gentleman, Please, it's Sunday afterall.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Gentleman, Please, it's Sunday afterall.

I apologize...just responded to somebody who I pinged who suggested I was wasting his time.

REDSKINS just scored 2nd touchdown to go ahead 14-0 against the PACKERS with 2:14 in the 1st quarter.

3 pass interference penalties called on the GB defense in the 2nd drive
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I apologize...just responded to somebody who I pinged who suggested I was wasting his time.

REDSKINS just scored 2nd touchdown to go ahead 14-0 against the PACKERS with 2:14 in the 1st quarter.

I hate Flag Football ... unless it's against the other team.

Offline TomSea

@TomSea

Yeah, that they don't.

Offline TomSea

I was really for Cruz though, I think that in Iowa sunk Dr. Ben Carson who would be president if not for that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm just tired of people who continue to declare Cruz a filthy liar and beneath contempt, advocating for his reelection to the US Senate.  Some consistency of opinion would be nice.

I suggested earlier these folks would know who they are, but I supposed incorrectly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

Well @Applewood  I do thank you for reading the article. I was more impressed than you were and I have been more impressed with Trump's presidency than you are, but that's life.

I do not consider Trump a disappointing failure at all.  Maybe it's because I expected very little from him and he has been so much better than I expected.  Even though you may not credit Trump with it, the economy is definitely on the upswing.

I was disappointed that Trump won the primaries, but I did hope that perhaps he would prove me wrong about him.  Believe me, if he had, not only would I eat crow, I would have rejoiced.  After 8 years of Obama, I was looking forward to sanity, class and conservativism. 

I see none of the above in this presidency.

As for the economy -- well, I don't trust the numbers and haven't for years.  Seems BLS and other agencies employ creative math for every presidency.  During Obama's 8 years, the numbers fudging was on steroids. How do any of us know the stats during this administration are anything close to reality? 

But even if they are right,  I am concerned that any improvement in the economy will come to a crashing halt, thanks to the trade wars.  So far, it looks like the supposed benefits of tariffs are being negated by failing businesses and rising prices.  People are suffering and the suffering will get worse.

Offline TomSea

The expression that comes to mind, is they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Since it is Sunday, I wholeheartedly approve of Football analogies. 888high58888

I had a couple of other comments, but taking Mod8's plea to heart, I self-edit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Since it is Sunday, I wholeheartedly approve of Football analogies. 888high58888

I had a couple of other comments, but taking Mod8's plea to heart, I self-edit.

Speaking of football..... the Cleveland Browns won their first game Thursday night in about like 12 years...   happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I was disappointed that Trump won the primaries, but I did hope that perhaps he would prove me wrong about him.  Believe me, if he had, not only would I eat crow, I would have rejoiced.  After 8 years of Obama, I was looking forward to sanity, class and conservativism. 

I see none of the above in this presidency.

As for the economy -- well, I don't trust the numbers and haven't for years.  Seems BLS and other agencies employ creative math for every presidency.  During Obama's 8 years, the numbers fudging was on steroids. How do any of us know the stats during this administration are anything close to reality? 

But even if they are right,  I am concerned that any improvement in the economy will come to a crashing halt, thanks to the trade wars.  So far, it looks like the supposed benefits of tariffs are being negated by failing businesses and rising prices.  People are suffering and the suffering will get worse.

It's all a matter of perception.  I wanted Trump to succeed and I think he has.  My daughter is a Human Resources Director and she says it is definitely a job seeker's market right now, and that is a stark change for the better.

We won't know for a while how the tariffs and trade wars will work out in the long run, but I like the fact that Trump recognizes and cares about America being taken advantage of in the world economy.  He is the first President who has cared about that.

I don't think people are suffering because of Trump's policies.  quite the contrary.

But the bottom line is that unless people who hate Trump see a valid alternative there is not a hell of a lot of upside in constantly criticizing him.

The only alternative that I can see is the country falling back into the hands of the evil Left.

Offline DCPatriot

Speaking of football..... the Cleveland Browns won their first game Thursday night in about like 12 years...   happy77

Congrats!  :beer:

Skins are up 21-3  with 4:30 left in the 1st half.  We're talking vs. Aaron Rogers, ladies and germs.    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The Cowboys play Seattle today in a couple of hours Hawaii time.  Seattle has to be desperate.  They are 0 and 2 and the Cowboys seem to come around a little last week.  I'm hoping they re-sign Dez.  He's a bit of a nut but he can be a great wide receiver when he's on his game.

Offline TomSea

Someone actually watches the NFL??? It has to be said if the thread has these comments made.

Offline DCPatriot

The Cowboys play Seattle today in a couple of hours Hawaii time.  Seattle has to be desperate.  They are 0 and 2 and the Cowboys seem to come around a little last week.  I'm hoping they re-sign Dez.  He's a bit of a nut but he can be a great wide receiver when he's on his game.

I'm watching THAT one, @Emjay !

Mystery is.... how in the hell can the Buffalo Bills be up 27-0 vs the Vikings (Kirk Cousins my hero)??

Packers just scored....21-10 with 2:15 to go in the 1st half.

Offline DCPatriot

Someone actually watches the NFL??? It has to be said if the thread has these comments made.

On...in the background....along with the Tiger Woods comeback!    :beer:   white noise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And, The University stomped TCU yesterday.  First time in 5? years. 

(I'm not watching pro-ball, but there's lots of college ball to watch)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I would dismantle the ownership of the NFL if I could, but no actions by players with a ten cent brain and a hundred dollar body are gonna stop me from watching football.