Author Topic: GOP making counteroffer to Kavanaugh accuser  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP making counteroffer to Kavanaugh accuser
« on: September 21, 2018, 05:22:47 pm »
GOP making counteroffer to Kavanaugh accuser
By Alexander Bolton - 09/21/18 01:01 PM EDT

Senate Republicans are reportedly planning to come back to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, with a new offer to testify Wednesday and answer questions from a special counsel.

The likely offer, reported by CNN and NBC, would have Ford testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday and then give Kavanaugh a chance to respond.

A Republican spokesman for the committee, however, declined to confirm the report.

Ford’s lawyers in a phone call with committee staff Wednesday afternoon asked that the hearing be held Thursday, that Kavanaugh testify first, and that senators — and not an outside counsel — question the witnesses.

Ford also requested through her legal team that Kavanaugh not be present in the room when she testifies and that adequate security is provided.

Republican staff on the call Wednesday mostly listened without providing any immediate counteroffer, according to a Republican source familiar with the conversation.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) had given Ford a deadline of 10 a.m. Friday to submit a biography and prepared remarks ahead of a hearing that he had originally scheduled for Monday to hear from her and Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh said in a letter to the committee that he was looking forward to testifying before the committee on Monday.

“I remain committed to defending my integrity,” he wrote. 

Senate Republicans have yet to reschedule the hearing. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407799-gop-makes-counter-offer-to-kavanaugh-accuser
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: GOP making counteroffer to Kavanaugh accuser
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 05:24:52 pm »
A bargain process, that's kind of what I thought this would be.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:32:10 pm »
What an absolute mess. An accuser gets to determine how a Senate committee conducts itself.

Grassley should have confronted Feinstein and filed ethics charges against her. The committee vote should have been last week. Instead, the Pubs tried to play nice and be sensitive to the accuser, who is making claims that can't possibly be proven or disproved. The fear of the pc culture in this country is destroying the Republic.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 05:33:58 pm »
I hope Kavanaugh remembers all the Lying S##t the Rats are feeding him after he's confirmed and seated.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:37:59 pm »
What an absolute mess. An accuser gets to determine how a Senate committee conducts itself.

Grassley should have confronted Feinstein and filed ethics charges against her. The committee vote should have been last week. Instead, the Pubs tried to play nice and be sensitive to the accuser, who is making claims that can't possibly be proven or disproved. The fear of the pc culture in this country is destroying the Republic.

I know @bilo but the country is in such an odd state of mind right now that if the Republicans had treated this phony as she should have been treated, there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth throughout the land.

I think they should be fair but firm.  She brought this charge.  If she wants to pursue it, she can testify.

She doesn't want to testify so she is imposing all kinds of conditions.

This needs to stop now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:42:20 pm »
What is to bargain here? They are giving her a chance to testify. Take it or leave it.