Author Topic: Democrats Undermining Black Civil Rights Heroes' Legacy  (Read 545 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Undermining Black Civil Rights Heroes' Legacy
« on: September 21, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »
May 26, 2018
Democrats Undermining Black Civil Rights Heroes' Legacy
By Lloyd Marcus

My four younger siblings and I have been taking turns caring for our 90-year-old dad, who is in home hospice.  After checking on Dad sleeping in his bedroom, I visited Dad's office in the basement.  Hung on the walls are numerous citations from governors and mayors, pastoral awards, and service awards from civic organizations that tell the extraordinary tale of Dr. Rev. Lloyd E. Marcus's life.

In 1952, Dad was among the first handful of blacks to become Baltimore City firefighters.  Despite humiliating racist working conditions, Dad won "Firefighter of the Year" two times.  He was Baltimore's first black paramedic and first black Fire Department chaplain.  Dad achieved numerous firsts for blacks.  I began to understand and feel at peace about dad saying he is ready to go home to Jesus.  Dad's work on Earth is done.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/05/democrats_undermining_black_civil_rights_heroes_legacy.html#ixzz5RkvIMc6Z