Author Topic: Christine Blasey Ford Makes Ridiculous Demands Before Testifying  (Read 7167 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: POWERLINE

URL: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/fords-ridiculous-demands.php

by  PAUL MIRENGOFF

Citing “sources,” Fox News’ Shannon Bream reports on the demands Christine Blasey Ford and her legal team are making as a condition for her testifying about her allegations against Brett Kavanaugh:

Ford team wants NO questions from lawyers, only Qs from Committee members, #Kavanaugh cannot be in the room, Kavanaugh must testify FIRST – more to come …

These demands are absurd.

1. No questions from lawyers? I guess Ford wants to be able to claim she’s being persecuted by an all-white-male panel. She doesn’t want a woman to examine her, which I imagine is what the Republicans have in mind.

But effective cross-examination is the best way to get at the truth. And in-practice lawyers, not politicians who once may have practiced law, generally make the best cross-examiners.

If Ford is telling the truth she shouldn’t be afraid of lawyers. The Committee should reject this demand.

2. Kavanaugh can’t be in the room? Say what? Ford is accusing Kavanaugh of a crime. Criminal defendants aren’t booted out of the courtroom when their accusers testify. As the accused, albeit not in a criminal proceeding, the interests of justice demand that Kavanaugh be confronted with the witness against him.

3. Kavanaugh must testify first? Give me a break. The accuser always goes first, whether in a criminal or a civil proceeding. How else can the accused defend himself against what’s actually being alleged?

I hope that the swing GOP Senators — e.g. Flake and Collins — will see the absurdity of Ford’s demands, so that Chairman Grassley confidently can reject them outright. If he does, there’s a good chance Ford will back down. If she doesn’t, the Committee can vote immediately.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Christine Blasey Ford Makes Ridiculous Demands Before Testifying
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 02:34:55 pm »
3. Kavanaugh must testify first? Give me a break. The accuser always goes first, whether in a criminal or a civil proceeding. How else can the accused defend himself against what’s actually being alleged?

She wants Judge Kavanaugh to go first so she and her lawyer can craft their answers to counter anything he says.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 03:55:18 pm »
The chutzpah of the accuser telling the US Congress when and how to question her. The world is insane.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 03:58:41 pm »
One other thing. The letter she wrote accusing K would be released in it's entirety prior to any hearing.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 03:59:04 pm »
IMO, just like the demand that the FBI conduct the investigation (which they knew wouldn't happen), these new demands are being made just to manufacture an excuse as to why she won't testify. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 04:00:40 pm »
IMO, just like the demand that the FBI conduct the investigation (which they knew wouldn't happen), these new demands are being made just to manufacture an excuse as to why she won't testify.

It took the FBI 3 days to invesatigate Anta Hills charges. I have no problem with a 3 or 5 day delay.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 04:01:22 pm »
The chutzpah of the accuser telling the US Congress when and how to question her. The world is insane.

If they allow that, they are all insane!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 04:06:52 pm »
It took the FBI 3 days to invesatigate Anta Hills charges. I have no problem with a 3 or 5 day delay.

NO!  No more delays!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 04:07:52 pm »

They need time to drum up new reasons to delay the vote. No sale.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:14 pm »

But, that's part of why all the hysterics from the left - they really do think they are in charge and are horrified by any show of resistance from the right.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:53 pm »

Bull.  Just going by "the seriousness of the charge" they should have voted yesterday.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 04:12:50 pm »
And I want all my bottled water to be only Summit Creek chilled to exactly 60 degrees
No staff is permitted to look at me or speak to me
And I want a bowl of M&Ms with all the green ones removed
And a big fruit plate with a sampling of fruit from all over the world
I want my waiting room to be full of fresh purple and white blooming Hyacinths
And I want...

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 04:17:08 pm »

October 1st is when the SCOTUS session starts. We need him on there.

Otherwise it's a 4-4 court for the term, as I understand it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 04:18:34 pm »

Apples and Oranges
There is nothing substantial to investigate. The FBI would actually investigate whether or not a high-school boy groped a high-school girl at a party? Really? Is this actually a serious thing? There is nowhere to even start. Since this thing supposedly happened 36/37 years ago, it will take a lot longer than 3 days to track down an undefined 'allegation' from almost 4 decades ago that even the accuser has admitted she cannot define in detail. It is ridiculous. The whole thing is absurd.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »
And I want all my bottled water to be only Summit Creek chilled to exactly 60 degrees
No staff is permitted to look at me or speak to me
And I want a bowl of M&Ms with all the green ones removed
And a big fruit plate with a sampling of fruit from all over the world
I want my waiting room to be full of fresh purple and white blooming Hyacinths
And I want...

You'll get nothing and like it!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 04:22:56 pm »

It's only insane if the Committee gives in to her.   

Offline mrclose

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 04:33:55 pm »

Folks like you are a problem!

Thomas and Hill were both government employees when the 'alleged' assault took place.

Kavanaugh and the accuser were high school kids!

It was a State responsibility to have investigated ... If it had been reported Before 36 years had passed!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline jpsb

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 04:37:01 pm »
Apples and Oranges
There is nothing substantial to investigate. The FBI would actually investigate whether or not a high-school boy groped a high-school girl at a party? Really? Is this actually a serious thing? There is nowhere to even start. Since this thing supposedly happened 36/37 years ago, it will take a lot longer than 3 days to track down an undefined 'allegation' from almost 4 decades ago that even the accuser has admitted she cannot define in detail. It is ridiculous. The whole thing is absurd.

Exactly my point there is no there there so let the FBI come back after a few days and tell the
world nothing happened. The SC will not be ruling on anything Oct 1st. K can catch up he's a quick
study.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 05:19:43 pm »
Exactly my point there is no there there so let the FBI come back after a few days and tell the
world nothing happened. The SC will not be ruling on anything Oct 1st. K can catch up he's a quick
study.
You just don't get it, do you?

How and when does one everyday citizen have any authority to dictate how the senate does it's job?

If allowed, it will become a precedent set by the Democrats and used when it suits their needs!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 05:25:16 pm »
She wants Judge Kavanaugh to go first so she and her lawyer can craft their answers to counter anything he says.

Not sure how that would happen, if neither she or her lawyer is in the room to hear his testimony.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 05:25:45 pm »
One other thing. The letter she wrote accusing K would be released in it's entirety prior to any hearing.

I agree, and I think it should be.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 05:26:19 pm »
Apples and Oranges

There is another prominent investigation of ‘nothing substantial’ right now that is entering its 15th (16th?) month.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 05:27:17 pm »

I agree!  And just as the FBI investigation of Anita Hill came up inconclusive, the FBI might not find anything here.  But the attempt is necessary.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 05:30:15 pm »
Apples and Oranges

I disagree.  There are putative witnesses to question, classmates of both of them.  And please remember, this is not "just" groping.  This is someone (according to her story) holding her down, trying to get her clothes off, and covering her mouth.  Groping is someone grabbing your butt or your boob.  Please know, there is a difference.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 06:07:43 pm »
I disagree.  There are putative witnesses to question, classmates of both of them.  And please remember, this is not "just" groping.  This is someone (according to her story) holding her down, trying to get her clothes off, and covering her mouth.  Groping is someone grabbing your butt or your boob.  Please know, there is a difference.

The bad faith here is appalling, both on the part of Blasey Ford and the Dems.   The accusation was made in June, and Feinstein sat on it during the entire hearings, and never even raised it in her office interviews with Judge K.   Ford has framed the matter in exactly the hysterical terms - attempted rape! attempted murder! - necessary to make the event disqualifying if true.  Ford says she took a lie detector test in August at her lawyer's office:  why would she have done so if, as the Dems contend, she was reluctant to come forward until Feinstein leaked the matter after the hearing was concluded?       And now that the Committee has offered her the opportunity to state her case under oath, she is dithering and demanding absurd concessions such as an FBI investigation - and her justification for doing so is identical to the Dems partisan motivation to delay a vote until past the midterm elections.

Ford and the Dems are obviously conspiring to achieve the Dems' partisan ends.   This is no quest for justice.   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:09:56 pm by Jazzhead »