Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh’s Yale Frat Raided Female Students’ Rooms, Paraded Bras and Underwear on Campus  (Read 499 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This sounds like a notorious "panty raid" that has been somewhat common in fraternities in colleges. Still, I hate hearing of this just for how it will be used in the media. The article goes on to say this fraternity which he was in was eventually banned from the college around 2011. He's not in a picture mentioned in the article. This should be of no-effect imo.

Brett Kavanaugh’s Yale Frat Raided Female Students’ Rooms, Paraded Bras and Underwear on Campus
Diane Herbst

In his first year at Yale, embattled Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh joined the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity, which had a culture “notorious for disrespecting women,” according to a new report from the Yale Daily News.

Julie Klein, who graduated in 1987 alongside Kavanaugh, described the frat as an “animal house,” while another classmate of Kavanaugh’s, Jennifer Lew, recalled on the YaleWomen Facebook page how frat brothers would “ransack” female students’ rooms while they attended classes and steal “undergarments,” reports the Yale Daily News.

On Thursday, the student newspaper published a January, 1985 photo of Kavanaugh’s DKE frat brothers holding a flag created with women’s underwear and bras as they marched across campus. Kavanaugh, reportedly a sophomore member of the frat at the time, does not appear in the image.

Read more at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/brett-kavanaugh-yale-frat-raided-220247091.html

I use to see some guy in a college town who had a woman's panties on a clothes hanger hanging on his window. It's traditional stuff before society became so PC. I thought the guy was being boisterous or something.

Panty raid
A panty raid was an American 1950s college prank in which large groups of male students attempted to invade the living quarters of female students and steal their panties (undergarments) as the trophies of a successful raid. The term dates to February 1949.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panty_raid

It seems like a college prank like crowding into a phone booth and other things. Again, in our PC age, I can see how some things done in the past, now will get flak.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:34:38 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

I was also in a "Greek Social Organization" around this time too and we did far worse than pantie raids and the chicks didn't give a shit back then because everyone wasn't a bunch of tight ass PC Feminazis. We all had fun. Now we have a bunch of snowflakes trying to rewrite history with their hard core Communist values.