Author Topic: Update: Russia Warns US Is "Playing With Fire" Over Sanctions  (Read 825 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Update: Russia Warns US Is "Playing With Fire" Over Sanctions
« on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:40 am »
Update:

Russia Warns US Is "Playing With Fire" Over Sanctions
The United States has even hit a Chinese military organisation with punishing financial sanctions for buying Russian fighter jets and missiles.
World | Agence France-Presse | Updated: September 21, 2018 13:50 IST

Moscow:

Moscow said Friday Washington's latest raft of anti-Russian sanctions that also target China undermined global stability, warning the United States against "playing with fire."

"It would be good for them to remember there is such a concept as global stability which they are thoughtlessly undermining by whipping up tensions in Russian-American ties," deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov said in a statement.

"Playing with fire is silly, it can become dangerous," he added.

Read more at: https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russia-warns-us-is-playing-with-fire-over-sanctions-1919996?pfrom=home-world

U.S. sanctions China for buying Russian fighter jets, missiles
Lesley Wroughton, Patricia Zengerle

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration imposed sanctions on the Chinese military on Thursday for buying fighter jets and missile systems from Russia, in breach of a sweeping U.S. sanctions law punishing Moscow for meddling in the 2016 U.S. election.

The U.S. State Department said it would immediately impose sanctions on China’s Equipment Development Department (EDD), the branch of the Chinese military responsible for weapons and equipment, and its director, Li Shangfu, for engaging in “significant transactions” with Rosoboronexport, Russia’s main arms exporter.

The sanctions are related to China’s purchase of 10 SU-35 combat aircraft in 2017 and S-400 surface-to-air missile system-related equipment in 2018, the State Department said.

Continued at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-sanctions/u-s-sanctions-china-for-buying-russian-fighter-jets-missiles-idUSKCN1M02TP
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:57:01 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Re: Update: Russia Warns US Is "Playing With Fire" Over Sanctions
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:58:38 am »
Honestly, this does make me wonder. Not that I think we are being careless (I do not know) but straight-up,  I have never seen a situation like this at all. And yes, this is about someone protecting their country. Again, I'm not expert for certain.

More here:

Russia warns US for imposing sanctions

On Thursday, the United States expanded its sanctions war against Russia to China, for the first time announcing punitive measures against a Chinese military organisation for buying Russian fighter jets and missiles.

America-Canada 21 Eylül 2018 Cuma 11:09

https://www.worldbulletin.net/america-canada/russia-warns-us-for-imposing-sanctions-h205939.html

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:04:11 am by TomSea »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:26:47 pm »
So what exactly is China going to do?

Besides bluster over an empty gun?

They go broke long before we do, and their Communist Govt could go down with it.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:28:17 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:21:37 pm »
Sort of on topic, this youtube video of the Chinese military:

! No longer available

North Korea has some of those big shows similar to above.... but the above, is really impressive, female military in pink?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:18:08 am by TomSea »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 01:55:31 am »
Sort of on topic, this youtube video of the Chinese military:

! No longer available

South Korea has some of those big shows similar to above.... but the above, is really impressive, female military in pink?
Impressive, but so was their Olympics ceremony in Beijing.  They even look somewhat similar, lots of individuals in nice attire orchestrating in precision.

What I saw when visiting for a month in China was hundreds of their military conscripts being used as servants digging alongside a road with spades, just like the old chain gangs of the South.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:56:04 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 02:11:50 am »
Impressive, but so was their Olympics ceremony in Beijing.  They even look somewhat similar, lots of individuals in nice attire orchestrating in precision.

What I saw when visiting for a month in China was hundreds of their military conscripts being used as servants digging alongside a road with spades, just like the old chain gangs of the South.
----------------------------
Terrific Boobs!!!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 02:18:11 am »
Hmm.......................
Will anyone in the China or Korea fan club kindly
identify the last time either of them won a war or
even a battle (date, location and opponent please).
But the babes sure look great!!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:20:10 am by Absalom »