Author Topic: Yale Law School dean responds to reports that Kavanaugh hired women with 'certain look'  (Read 1077 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yale Law School dean responds to reports that Kavanaugh hired women with 'certain look'
By Justin Wise - 09/20/18 08:03 PM EDT

The dean of Yale Law School on Thursday expressed "enormous concern" about reports that a professor at the school had advised students to have a "certain look" to earn a judicial clerkship with judge Brett Kavanaugh.

NBC News reports that Yale Law School Dean Heather Gerken sent a letter to the law school community on Thursday responding to reports that were published in both The Guardian and The Huffington Post.

Gerken said the "the allegations being reported are of enormous concern to me and to the School."

"While we cannot comment on individual complaints or investigations, the Law School and the University thoroughly investigate all complaints regarding violations of University rules and take no options off the table," Gerken wrote, before encouraging students and faculty to report misconduct incidents.

"The Law School has a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which all of our students can live and learn in a community of mutual respect, free of harassment of any kind."

NBC News noted that a spokeswoman for Yale Law School confirmed that the letter was written in response to news reports about "faculty conduct by two members of our faculty."

The letter was written amid reports that Amy Chua, a law professor at Yale, told a group of students that it was “not an accident” that Kavanaugh’s law clerks “look like models,” according to The Guardian.

Jed Rubenfeld, a professor and Chua's husband, also told a student on at least one occasion that Kavanaugh, now President Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court, "hires women with a certain look," according to the reports.

"He did not say what the look was and I did not ask," the student said, according to The Guardian.

"For the more than 10 years I've known him, Judge Kavanaugh’s first and only litmus test in hiring has been excellence. He hires only the most qualified clerks, and they have been diverse as well as exceptionally talented and capable," Chua said via email to NBC News.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407711-yale-law-school-dean-expresses-enormous-concern-over-students
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Insanity!!!!!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if the journalists did their jobs and looked to see if the women did have a "certain look" or were all normal looking people.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
That crossed my mind too. They can actually, check on this I would think. Perhaps the story is brand new.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. So now the MSM is just going to make shit up from what some student tells them they heard and go with it. I am damn sure there is a record of who Brett was using and we can look right at them. If they don't look like a Robert Palmer video, it's total bullshit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He only 'used' girls with a certain look. Wow. According to the American Left, Kavanaugh was Hugh Hefner's twin brother. Even though he's really just a pasty white government employee with a middle age beer belly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RetBobbyMI

This is just friggin crazy sh!t.  I know people have the right to speak their mind, but their needs to be consequences when they go accusing someone of something.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

All things being equal in terms of resume and qualifications, who would you hire?

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is just friggin crazy sh!t.  I know people have the right to speak their mind, but their needs to be consequences when they go accusing someone of something.
Because the News Media hire all those fugly women to go on teevee and be newsreaders. Aside from most of the crew at The View, that is.

It is always pleasant to be surrounded by competent people who don't hurt the eyes. If it comes to a choice, I'll opt for the competent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

One of the law firms I worked for hired a hot-shot black lawyer.  He insisted that his secretary also be black. 

But I guess that behavior would be ok with these liberal idiots.  After all, only white people are racist.   *****rollingeyes*****

Reverse racisim is ok.  Wanting an attractive secretary is sexist and not ok.  Riiiiiiiight!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One of the law firms I worked for hired a hot-shot black lawyer.  He insisted that his secretary also be black. 

But I guess that behavior would be ok with these liberal idiots.  After all, only white people are racist.   *****rollingeyes*****

Reverse racisim is ok.  Wanting an attractive secretary is sexist and not ok.  Riiiiiiiight!

The hypocrisy of democrats knows no boundaries!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

These aren't secretaries; they are interns in a judicial clerkship.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
With Liberals everything is crazy. Very highly qualified and accomplished Asians are being turned away from top colleges because of 'diversity' goals. And now I'm sure very highly qualified and experienced women will be turned away from promising positions simply because they are 'too attractive'.

In the world of Liberals to win the game of life is to lose. And conversely to lose is to win. Because Liberals live to make everything topsy-turvy and upside-down.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jpsb

I'll say one thing for you @corbe you post the most interesting images. Keep up the good work.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:17:58 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.