Author Topic: How much evidence do we need to destroy someone?  (Read 639 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
How much evidence do we need to destroy someone?
« on: September 20, 2018, 11:38:28 pm »
Washington Post By Marc A. Thiessen 9/20/2018

How much evidence is required to destroy a person’s life?

Christine Blasey Ford has accused Brett M. Kavanaugh of attempted rape while they were both in high school — a charge he unequivocally denies. She can’t remember the date the alleged attack took place. She isn’t even certain about the year (although she reportedly thinks it may have been the summer around the end of her sophomore year when she was 15). She can’t remember whose house she was in. She can’t remember how she got there. She says she didn’t tell anyone about it at the time, not even her closest friends — so there are no contemporaneous witnesses to back her claims.

No other women have come forward to say that the young Kavanaugh assaulted them. There is no pattern of bad behavior. Quite the contrary, by all accounts other than Ford’s, he treats women with respect in his personal and professional life. (Full disclosure: I worked with Kavanaugh in the George W. Bush White House.) The gathering included just Ford and four others, according to her confidential letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). One man named by Ford as a witness has come forward and not only denied knowledge of the assault but also denied knowledge of the gathering in question. Another, who said he was the “PJ” mentioned in the letter, Patrick J. Smyth, has also denied being at a gathering like the one Ford described.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-much-evidence-do-we-need-to-destroy-someone/2018/09/20/43343648-bcf4-11e8-be70-52bd11fe18af_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b7d6a0021a38

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: How much evidence do we need to destroy someone?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 11:48:40 pm »
How much evidence do we need to destroy someone?

Apparently none..just the accusation is good enough.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 02:47:57 am »
Everybody knows - Leonard Cohen

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 03:01:39 am »
I'm hearing that Joe DiGenova said Ms. Ford went to WaPo first, about a month before the Feinstein letter and tried to push her story on them but still, with anonymity. WaPo apparently, did not run with it like they did with the Judge Roy Moore story. They must have thought it needed corroboration.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 05:06:20 am »
I'm hearing that Joe DiGenova said Ms. Ford went to WaPo first, about a month before the Feinstein letter and tried to push her story on them but still, with anonymity. WaPo apparently, did not run with it like they did with the Judge Roy Moore story. They must have thought it needed corroboration.

More likely after hearing her story they said, "Not with a ten foot pole."
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 05:09:32 am »
Keep in mind that the Moore allegations were tendered by people with either an axe to grind or serious dem party ties, but only one of those allegations (the one with the most credibility problems) alleged he did anything with someone who was under the age of consent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 05:19:22 am »
Keep in mind that the Moore allegations were tendered by people with either an axe to grind or serious dem party ties, but only one of those allegations (the one with the most credibility problems) alleged he did anything with someone who was under the age of consent.

This woman is so far over the edge I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up to testify wearing a pink Bleep hat.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 05:26:27 am »

This woman is so far over the edge I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up to testify wearing a pink Bleep hat.
Without the ability to hype the "He's dating teenagers" line, and without any corroborating stories to push at Kavanaugh, this likely will not stick--not that I think it should. Keep in mind that 40 years ago, a brisk slap was all that was needed to refute an unwanted touch, or even just to keep a girl's reputation intact. It wasn't a matter for prosecution, unless the groper was especially persistent or forcible.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 04:03:10 pm »

@TomSea

Also, Moore’s victims didn’t seek out the Post.  WaPo got wind of things, went down South, investigated, and found the women. Different set of circumstances entirely.