Author Topic: NBC: Wow, this retracted third-hand assertion “could loom” in a Kavanaugh investigation  (Read 421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC: Wow, this retracted third-hand assertion “could loom” in a Kavanaugh investigation

Ed MorrisseyPosted at 6:01 pm on September 19, 2018

Old and busted: Journalists can be trusted to vet their sources and corroborate their claims. New hotness: Let’s publish retracted social-media posts as important news! Earlier today, NBC News came up with clickbait so shameless that even the most desperate blogger might have had qualms producing:

A former schoolmate of Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser wrote a Facebook post saying she recalls hearing about the alleged assault involving Kavanaugh, though she says she has no first-hand information to corroborate the accuser’s claims.

“Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me,” wrote the woman, Cristina Miranda King, who now works as a performing arts curator in Mexico City. “I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen.”

She added, “Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.” …

The assertion that other people heard about and discussed an incident between Ford and Kavanaugh at the time it is alleged to have happened could loom as an important factor in any investigation of the claim.

That does sound like a potential … hearsay witness. We’ll get back to that in a moment, but first let’s read down to the seventh paragraph of NBC’s keen reporting on this issue:

more
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/19/nbc-wow-retracted-third-hand-assertion-loom-kavanaugh-investigation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

She's already taken down the post and replaced it with this:

Online Right_in_Virginia

No agenda on her part, whatsoever....