Author Topic: Federal revenues jump from faster growth . . . more than twice what the tax cut was supposed to ‘cos  (Read 385 times)

Offline endicom

Canada Free Press
Dan Calabrese
Sept. 19, 2018

If there’s one thing every liberal will do when talking about tax policy (and most “moderates” and a fair number of “fiscal conservatives” as well), it’s to scoff at the notion that tax cuts can pay for themselves.

The supply-side proposition has always been that it’s the growth of the economy, not tax rates, that determines federal revenues. If you look through history, you’ll see that federal revenues are usually right around 18 percent of GDP regardless of what the tax rates are, so the best policies the government can set are the ones most friendly to growth.

This is what will get liberals cackling in derision. And it’s not just them. Every Ferris Bueller fan knows George H.W. Bush called supply-side Something-D-O-O economics (“Voodoo Economics,” said like Ben Stein, thank you very much), because he joined the rest of the Beltway crowd in dismissing the idea that raising or lowering tax rates would ever do anything but raise or lower tax revenues commensurately.

It seems intuitive to you and me that changing tax rates and tax incentives would affect people’s economic behavior, but don’t try to convince the left and their media friends of that.

More... https://canadafreepress.com/article/federal-revenues-jump-from-faster-growth...more-than-twice-what-the-tax-cut

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It has never once failed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

And yet the deficit and the debt grow.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
And yet the deficit and the debt grow.

Here's one.

How to cut spending by a half Trillion a year with just one bill.

CMS disburses over a $Trillion a year.

Govt tells Big Pharma their contract is revoked, all of them.

Instead we will be purchasing those Same Big Pharma drugs from other countries and re importing them at half the price we're paying now.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com