Author Topic: "Fracking Accident" [Looks like not fracking.. Workover rig?]  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Suppressed

"Fracking Accident" [Looks like not fracking.. Workover rig?]
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:16:57 am »
Fracking Accident
by C J
Published on Sep 15, 2018
Saddle Operating Gas well accident in Fannin Farms community in Arlington, Texas

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1j8uTAf2No
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: "Fracking Accident" [Looks like not fracking.. Workover rig?]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:19:58 am »
Possibly nitrogen pumping operation?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 01:22:53 am »
Screen shot from the video.  Shot of the same site in daylight.

Pretty amazing technology.  Must be the world's first frac job without pumps.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 03:19:32 am »
Pretty amazing technology.  Must be the world's first frac job without pumps.

:silly:
+++++++++

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:47:35 pm »
Now that fracking has become a leftist bugaboo, every drilling rig accident will be a fracking accident, just like natural draft cooling towers have become a symbol of nuke power plants, even though there are more coal fired plants with natural draft cooling towers

Offline Joe Wooten

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 02:14:24 pm »
Now that fracking has become a leftist bugaboo, every drilling rig accident will be a fracking accident, just like natural draft cooling towers have become a symbol of nuke power plants, even though there are more coal fired plants with natural draft cooling towers

Yep!  Right out of their playbook!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 02:29:10 am »
what a stupid video.

Clueless reporting of events.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 05:05:41 am »
Possibly nitrogen pumping operation?
That's what it looks like to me. cryotanker and pumper on location, not nearly enough equipment for a sand frac (insufficient frac tanks, no frack pumpers, no sand mixing equipment or proppant hoppers.

Also, the wellheads are in a line outside the yellow cage he was indicating in the still.

Had I suspected a large natural gas leak (and while C1-C4 are odorless), there would be almost always some sweet smell from more complex volatile organic compounds which are produced with the gas, and the very idea of some spark from a vehicle or even a drone would preclude driving through the cloud. Since the guy wasn't immolated, didn't pass out, and the neighborhood didn't blow up from a pilot light somewhere, no H2S alarms (lights) were in evidence, I would say any hazard posed was more likely from the pressure bleeding down.

Early attempts to drill underbalanced wells in the Ratcliffe interval in North Dakota on the Nesson Anticline were conducted by an operator I worked for using Nitrogen charged drilling fluid to reduce weight.
Failure of a float valve (like a check valve) required that we bleed off pressure in the drill string before making connections, and when the atmospheric conditions were right, the cloud looked similar, and it took some 30-40 minutes to bleed down the pressure (longer than it took to drill the next 31 feet). This led to shutting off the nitrogen and drilling with brine, a technique which was adopted for future wells.

Also, It doesn't take many firemen to assess flammability of the gas in the atmosphere (just one, actually), so the number of firemen and the number of pieces of firefighting apparatus is irrelevant.

Had there been a fire/explosion/health hazard, the firefighters would have responded with evacuation orders. Since H2S is detectable by humans at 1 PPM or less, well below toxic levels, intermittent whiffs of the odor of rotten eggs likely indicate very low concentrations, well below exposure levels which require air packs or evacuation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis