Author Topic: McCaskill plans to vote against embattled Kavanaugh for Supreme Court seat  (Read 497 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCaskill plans to vote against embattled Kavanaugh for Supreme Court seat

By Bryan Lowry

blowry@mcclatchydc.com

September 19, 2018 05:50 PM

Updated 7 minutes ago
Washington

U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill officially announced Wednesday evening that she will oppose federal Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

The Missouri Democrat made her announcement after Kavanaugh’s elevation to the nation’s high court became endangered by allegations that he had sexually assaulted a peer as a high school student more than three decades ago, but McCaskill cited Kavanaugh’s judicial record rather than the controversy as the reason for her opposition.

“He has revealed his bias against limits on campaign donations which places him completely out of the mainstream of this nation. He wrote, ‘And I have heard very few people say that limits on contributions to candidates are unconstitutional although I for one tend to think those limits have some constitutional problems,’ ” McCaskill said in a statement Wednesday.

“Going even further, Judge Kavanaugh will give free reign to anonymous donors and foreign governments through their citizens to spend money to interfere and influence our elections with so-called ‘issue ads.’ These ‘issue ads’ are now flooding the airways in this nation to directly influence election outcomes, drowning the concept of individuals having the strongest voice in our democracy.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article218694560.html#storylink=cpy
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:12:29 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McCaskill plans to vote against embattled Kavanaugh for Supreme Court seat
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:06:20 pm »
Surprise!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 11:08:14 pm »
“He has revealed his bias against limits on campaign donations which places him completely out of the mainstream of this nation. He wrote, ‘And I have heard very few people say that limits on contributions to candidates are unconstitutional although I for one tend to think those limits have some constitutional problems,’ ” McCaskill said in a statement Wednesday.
Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article218694560.html#storylink=cpy
From what I gather on this almost incoherent statement,  she thinks she is smarter than judges on reading the Constitution?

We can flip this seat.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 11:26:04 pm »
She always was a bleep Hat wearing wannabe.  No surprise here.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:34:27 pm »
SHe just guaranteed she loses her seat.  What an idiot.  This whole thing will embolden Republicans to turnout and vote in November.

I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A DEMOCOMMIE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.  WHAT A DISGRACE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:41:18 pm »
SHe just guaranteed she loses her seat.  What an idiot.  This whole thing will embolden Republicans to turnout and vote in November.

No honest American can afford to vote for any democrat ever again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 12:04:04 am »

Not necessarily.  Hawley should be running away in this campaign, but he’s not.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/mo/missouri_senate_hawley_vs_mccaskill-6280.html#!
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 12:16:32 am »

Not necessarily.  Hawley should be running away in this campaign, but he’s not.

https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/mo/missouri_senate_hawley_vs_mccaskill-6280.html#!

Challengers rarely "run away" against an incumbent. They usually squeak in.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 12:24:51 am »
Surprise!

Sounds like she is another one of those dark money is destroying America nut jobs.  While whistling past the issue of government funded dim coverage like NPR and PBS.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 12:33:11 am »
No honest American can afford to vote for any democrat ever again!

If I were able (don't live close enough), I'd vote for my conservative Democrat cousin over her liberal Republican opponent.  But I'm more of a conservative than a Republican.

And I'm honest and an American.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:27 am »
If I were able (don't live close enough), I'd vote for my conservative Democrat cousin over her liberal Republican opponent.  But I'm more of a conservative than a Republican.

And I'm honest and an American.

A dim more conservative than a Republican?  Have to admit I haven't seen that animal since Zell Miller or Scoop Jackson.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 01:35:30 am »
Challengers rarely "run away" against an incumbent. They usually squeak in.

When the incumbent sucks out loud and is in a state the Republican presidential candidate won overwhelmingly, it should be a walk for Hawley.  He's being weighted down by the fallout and intra-party bickering over Grietens.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:36:08 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.