Author Topic: It’s a Set-up By Andrew C. McCarthy  (Read 291 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It’s a Set-up By Andrew C. McCarthy
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »
   It’s a Set-up
By Andrew C. McCarthy

September 19, 2018 10:53 AM

If Ford won’t agree to testify, hold the vote tomorrow as planned.

In my column yesterday, I contended that the unverifiable sexual-assault allegation against Judge Brett Kavanaugh bore “all the hallmarks of a set-up.” I based that assessment on the patently flimsy evidence, coupled with Senate Democrats’ duplicitous abuse of the confirmation-hearing process. To repeat myself:

If the Democrats had raised the allegation in a timely manner, its weakness would have been palpable, it would have been used for what little it’s worth in examining Kavanagh during his days of testimony, it would be put to rest as unverifiable, and we’d be on to a confirmation vote. Instead, we’re on to a delay — precisely the Democrats’ objective. They want to slow-walk Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote until after the midterms, in the hopes that they swing the Senate in their favor and have the numbers to defeat the nomination.

Well, whaddaya know: Late last night, the partisan Democratic attorneys retained by the putative victim, Christine Blasey Ford, delivered a letter to Senator Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa), the Judiciary Committee chairman, contending that before any hearing at which she is summoned to testify takes place, there must be a “full investigation by law enforcement officials [to] ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner.”

My personal favorite part of the missive is the lawyers’ complaint that, based on published reports, it seems that some of the senators have already “made up their minds” about Professor Ford’s story. This takes some gumption, coming from Democratic activists who are working in tandem with Democratic senators who decided to vote against Judge Kavanaugh long before the hearing started. The lawyers utter this tripe while in the middle of a transparent gambit to block the nomination by delaying it interminably — or at least until after the November election.

What a crock.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-must-testify/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: It’s a Set-up By Andrew C. McCarthy
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »
Absolutely a set-up.

Keep the Thursday vote, Grassley, and move on.

Feinstein had he chance and undercut the Senate procedures for an open and fair Committee hearing on the nominee.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington