Author Topic: Most Blue-Collar Workers Report Feeling 'Optimistic' And 'Happy', Study Shows  (Read 850 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-15/most-blue-collar-workers-are-optimistic-and-happy-study-shows

The unprecedented optimism being felt by small business owners and consumers is also lifting the spirits of blue collar workers, according to a new survey which found that American laborers are enjoying rising wages and improved job prospects, while their white-collar peers struggle with stagnant wages and growing rates of work-related dissatisfaction.

Of course, anybody who has spent long hours behind a desk probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that one of the biggest factors behind the high rates of work-related dissatisfaction among white collar workers is the fact that most of them spend nearly two-thirds of their day in a sedentary position. In contrast, blue-collar workers enjoy high levels of mobility.

Our findings do suggest, however, that white-collar work remains associated with sedentary office culture. Those who deemed themselves white-collar professionals said they spent more than two-thirds of their workdays at a desk on average. Conversely, the most common industries for self-identified blue-collar workers were the wholesale and retail, manufacturing and hospitality fields—work typically performed on one's feet.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"Dead" Man: I think I'll go for a walk.
    Large Man: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
    "Dead" Man: I feel happy. I feel happy.
    [The collector paces for an idea, then whacks the body with his club, solving the problem]
    Large Man: Ah, thank you very much.
    Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
    Large Man: Right.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.